Poll on Colonial (Postcolonial) Civilizations

Just want to gauge people’s opinions regarding the addition of colonial civilizations. Based on your ideal scenario, not necessarily the actual direction the game has gone.

• No colonial civilizations should be in the game
  • Many colonial civilizations should be in the game
  • Colonial civilizations should be implemented by expanding the revolution mechanic (not as standalone civs)
  • USA should be the only colonial civilization (is earliest)
  • None of the above

0 voters

5 Likes

You missed the “a few colonial civilizations should be in the game”
“Many” is too many. I would not want as many colonial civs as Europeans. Maybe at most 2 more in South America.

15 Likes

Just interpret it as more than only USA/Mexico. 2 more colonial civs would make for more than African or Asian factions and I would consider that “many”.

4 Likes

I think the correct term would be postcolonials.

3 Likes

Technically most of them were also colonial, but I did update the title

2 Likes

These civilizations of colonial origin are structured in a way that makes sense and that is fine. What worries me about this is that revolutions lose their meaning.

They could add revolutions to replace civilizations that become complete, and redesign the system of revolutions to improve its viability and attractiveness.

4 Likes

That’s really what bothers me the most. It’s just leaving the mechanic half baked and making the Aztecs even more out of place when they barely fit to begin with.

4 Likes

In my opinion, it’s the Aztecs that are out of place, not Mexico. The Aztecs fell in 1519, 88 years before the first British colony of Jamestown was established (1607).

That being said, the Aztecs are still fun to play so I’m not complaining, just pointing out how silly all these timeline arguments become when you start digging into it.

9 Likes

The best thing is to wait and see how the game evolves. I already bought the DLC and I am looking forward to use.

Developers should be aware that older content needs a more significant update. I made a forum about it and the truth is I did not expect to receive so much support.

It seems that they are touching one civilization at a time, but there are things that must be significantly improved such as cattle. And with the opacity of revolusions, they must also be improved.

The revolusions improved a lot compared to the base game, it is time to take another leap.

2 Likes

Agreed, I’d definitely pick Mexico over Aztecs but unfortunately we got Aztecs ages ago and now have to reconcile both

3 Likes

I dont have to reconcile anything, just like I have nothing to reconcile when I play a mirror and its Napoleon v Napoleon v Napoleon. It’s a game, so I don’t care about inaccuracies.

3 Likes

It was the time period of the French Revolution though so that’s not even inaccurate

Its inaccurate that Napoleon is leading all sides in a war against himself

2 Likes

The leaders are so inaccurate they’re pretty much just for stupid taunts and comic relief

5 Likes

Both Mexico and Aztecs are fine. Wouldn’t want to miss out on any of them. Some people here overobsess over in my opinion not so important things. It’s a historically inspired game. It doesn’t try to be a history book.

Out of possible future Colonial nations, I would like to see Brazil and Gran Colombia.

8 Likes

I’d like to see Brazil and Argentina.

7 Likes

Of course, British were the 1st on America and everything has to be around that🙃

MEXICO WERE ALREADY IN GAME BY THE BEST WAY THEY CAN BE, AS A REVOLUTION. SAME FOR EVERY POSTCOLONIAL CIV.
WE ARENT AGAINST POSTCOLONIAL CIVS, JUST AGAINST BEING INDEPENDENT CIVS

5 Likes

The way you did your poll i biaised

What is biased about it?