POLL: Should (Regular/Non-Polish/Non-Lithuanian/Non-Magyar) Hussars have "wings"?

If you write halberd into google incan halberds wont appear so it means they dont exist.

1 Like

You are trying to use my logic against me but not doing it the right way.

You instead should google for just “halberds” and what you would find wouldn’t be a very specific Cavalry type used by one nation unlike when googling for “winged Hussars”.

You have to proof that only polish had wings. Now show is historical sources which say that.

YOu are in the obligation to proof, not us.

If only you had at least provided half a source that’s confirmable.

Any time, enjoy reading:

Polish hussars - Wikipedia

Wikipedia is not accepted as historical source. For good reason.
And where there is written that poles were the only ones with wings?

2 Likes

If you opened the link I provided you would realize you get redirected to the references and bibliography linked on this very page, which I am referring to.

Just give me the citation were it is stated that poles were the only ones with wings.
I need nothing more.

If you can’t provide it, I must assume that it isn’t stated anywhere there.

2 Likes

Common sense let’s us draw the conclusion that they weren’t used elsewhere if no reliable sources exist that would such an assumption.

I have shown to you that Polish Hussars wore them - which I assumed everyone knew by now.

Isn’t fact.

So you just fail to deliver any evidence of your claim. As you are in the obligation to proof your claim and failed, but we actually delivered historical evidence that your claim is wrong, it must be concluded that your claim is just wrong.

Not only poles had wings.

Nothing more to say.

2 Likes

So you want me to search for plenty of sources I would need to disprove this made up claim of yours that you yourself can not even provide a single confirmed source for except scribblings?

Alright, I’m outta here.

No, just show proof of your own claim please. You haven’t delivered any evidence for your claim yet.

Just give one accepted historical source that states that polish hussars where the only cavalry with wings.

Otherwise we must conclude that this claim is wrong, especially as others brough up historical evidence that there were other cavalry from different countries also wearing wings.

And these sources aren’t

You can’t just call everything “made up” what is different to your claim.

3 Likes

Got to the gallery

2 Likes

Taken from FB

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind seeing the standard hussars identical as they are now, but without any wings, but the 2 models are different enough, so it doesn’t bother me more than not having regional villagers or monks.

1 Like

This is gold. :ok_hand:

The horsemen on the images look like roosters but nothing like the Winged Hussars in game that clearly are based on Polish Hussaria.

I must admit they look pretty cool though with those feathers on their heads. Would be great if they made another Ottoman civ and added these bird-styled Deli as their UU.

WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF

2 Likes

Did I say something wrong?

In any case, not even closely resembling the Hussars in game.

Also don’t look like the winged hussars in the game…

Hussars are just a representative and winged hussars are one of the models they used for the representation. You won’t find any real unit being accurately represented by the common units in the game.

So what we are talking about? That Hussars are just a mixture of all kind of different light or cavalry at that time? And we are talking just about the wings devs borrowed from probably poles being removed?
Why we don’t talk about the sword? I’m pretty sure you will only find 1 or 2 depictations of light cavalry wearing a sword from medieval. Should whatever civ is depicted there also get it’s own unit redesign?

Shall we split the hussar lines into those who wore shields, those who wore horseman picks, those who wore axes, those who wore lances, those who wore sabres, those who used lassos…?

And all should get their individual look and name?

Poles are already unique in that regard. Devs gave you their hand, giving you a unique upgrade, unique name, unique design. But you now take the whole arm, demanding to remove the wings from all other civs.

But your claim that only poles had wings is just provenly wrong, just accept that please.

POLES WEREN’T THE ONLY ONES WITH WINGS.

2 Likes

They were. Hungarians, Serbians or Croats or whatever never used wings.

1 Like