[Poll] Should Slavs be renamed to something more specific?

The Bohemians (Latin: Behemanni) or Bohemian Slavs (Bohemos Slavos, Boemanos Sclavos), were an early Slavic tribe in Bohemia (modern Czech Republic). Their land became recognized as the Duchy of Bohemia around 870. A 2004 analysis of mtDNA in a Lithuanian population revealed that Lithuanians are close to both Indo-European and Uralic-speaking populations of Northern Europe. Y-chromosome SNP haplogroup analysis showed Lithuanians to be closest to fellow Balts (Latvians), Estonians, Belarusians and Finnish people. This is the result of Iron Age.[31] Autosomal SNP analysis situates Lithuanians most proximal to Latvians, followed by the westernmost East Slavs, furthermore, all Slavic peoples and Germans are situated more proximal to Lithuanians than Finns and northern Russians.[32]

I know man I was literally against any breaking of the Umbrella but they did it so it make no sense to keep the Slavs, it is just like adding Umayyads, Abbasids and Mamelukes and we have Saracens it is just make no sense.

1 Like

this doesn’t make lithuanians slavs though. are germans slavic as well according to you?

hi equalizer.

2 Likes

change to Ruthenins else it make no sense now

2 Likes

Does this deny that we have 4 SLAVIC CIVS and one of them called Slavs?! LOL. Just imagine adding Umayyads and Abbasids and Mamelukes to the game and we have SARACENS is this seems fine?!

and? so what? doesn’t mean we have to change it.

should we call you equalizer instead of lightcav?

4 Likes

I can reply to you the same thing: why not?!

Who is he?!

1 Like

Because it would cause confusion among those who aren’t on the forums and don’t know why the civ name was being changed?
Because it would then open the floodgates for renaming any other civ other people have issue with?

based on the way you’re posting. you.

So what?! Is correcting a mistake in the past is wrong?!

What do you mean?

1 Like

it wasn’t a mistake. and again - the problem is it would cause massive confusion among those who don’t come to the forums.

highlighting words?

They should be renamed yes

If bonuses are rearranged, I think Rus’’ shoul d get KRepost too

1 Like

Again so what?! They still play the game don’t they?!

What do you mean?! Everyone can use them.

1 Like

And you’re okay with confusing a massive majority of the playerbase on why the name of a civ was changed? something that has NEVER happened in aoe2 history?

but almost no one does that. equalizer was infamous for it, and here you are highlighting everything in sight.

Confusing?! Is it hard to deal with that? I don’t see any problem.

Well this doesn’t mean it can’t be used. All you have to do is write anything between ** ** then type.

1 Like

You don’t. but do you speak for the majority of the aoe2 playerbase?
also again - renaming a civ has never happened in the history of aoe2.
But then again you’re so confused you thought Lithuanians were slavic.

true, but again - a lot of your tendencies follow his. and you showed up right after he got banned.

IT was once never history of aoe3 until it happened

anyway it will make no problems as long as not done for woke reasons

yeah, but i’d like to keep aoe3 as far out of aoe2 as possible. aoe3 is considered a failure by many of the aoe2 community for a reason. and look at how well the other aoe3 style mechanics have worked in aoe2 (FLEMISH REVOLUTION).

1 Like

I still don’t think a name change (esthetics) will matter in AoE2

I think many of us agree to the change and that it is not right to keep the name, and if the game doesn’t have a history of changing names this doesn’t mean can be happen.

You can say this to anyone new to the forum.

1 Like

we should remember there are some eastern european civs whch has not be added, slavs must be used to represent them
 naming them rus will make it difficult

1 Like