Poll: The Future of DLCs and what would you like them to see on them

Byzantines and magyars are not in the same area?

Not exactly, there is Romania and Serbia between them. I consider Hungary more as a border region of the Balkans to Central and East Europe. Like the Caucasus between Europe and Asia.
Then again google says Hungary is part of the Balkans, just like supposedly Greece and Turkey - fair enough.

1 Like

You still have byzantines tho,modern day romania was under hungary and bulgaria if im not mistaken.cuman lands are also in balkans as per maps coming in google search.

Well Byzantines would be Greek. Romania didn’t exist but Wallachia and Moldavia did exist, for some time as sovereign entities. The latter was even Poland’s vassal at one point in the Middle Ages iirc.

2 Likes

This is much better than the version you made considering that the civs I want I want them equally. So no, this one is much better. Especially if you’re not only interested in one region getting new civs, this poll does a much better job at this as I explained you in the other thread.

You missed my point but that’s okay. I was talking about people who would prioritize their choices if they could, you’d be this exception here valuing all of your votes as completely equal.

While I agree that this poll is much better structured and more detailed, I don’t think it gives an accurate representation of what regions would be the most requested ones in the next 2-3 DLCs because everyone can vote for nearly all options.

2 Likes

The best way to do this is if you could give one option more points than the other but that Forum doesn’t allow that.

Not being able to vote for all options has the issue I’ve mentioned before.

1 Like

Totally fair point. Decided to put them togheter because I needed to put Vlachs somewhere and forgot they were also part of the Balkanic peninsula.

Naming it South Europe would also mean including Venetians and Aragonese and I feel like those go better alone (and also, DotD is pretty central European focused imo, with one civ and respective campaign from there and Poles also being from the surroundings of the HRE)

I am not trying to ask what people want as much as what would be interesting for them (but some people may take another approach to it).

Either way, you have good points.

1 Like

Don’t really care about new civs being added or not but I would really enjoy a new Japanese campaign. I know there are already a couple scenarios where you get to play as the Japanese but a fully fledged campaign would be good. I don’t really have a preference for what they add but I get excited to play the new stuff they add having since exhausted all the campaigns many times

5 Likes

Yeah, a Japanese campaign would be nice.

Tbh Koreans and Chinese could use a campaign too

5 Likes

I think they should remove kyoto and replace it with the onin wars or something as important.
And release a main campaign about nobunaga: from zero to hero xd

2 Likes

Really nice poll, very detailed.

Unfortunately, I have a problem with choosing DLCs, should I choose all the ones that I would like to see in this game or only the ones I care about the most (they need my voice very much)? I chose only the ones that I would like to see the most, but that doesn’t mean I don’t want the rest.

I was more thinking about choosing anything you find interesting but if you prefer you can choose only the ones you care the most

In some cases, instead of regional DLCs, I would choose continental, e.g. one American DLC (with 3 civs) or one large DLC for Asia and Oceania (except for the Indian Peninsula, which would get its own DLC similar to LotW and DotD).

1 Like

Koreans and Chinese would be very interesting

2 Likes

I’m surprised they havent made a Japanese campaign already. Japanese history is pretty popular as is but an East Asian DLC with Japanese, Chinese and Korean etc campaigns would be very cool. It’ll be interesting to see how many DLCs they end up releasing in the long run, I know theyll want to focus on AOE4 but AOE2 is still by far their most popular product and I think many people (like myself) would buy just about any DLC they release for AOE2.

5 Likes

Also, added a new question about campaigns

They could add Tibet, Thai and Jurchen and include Chinese/Japanese/Korean campaigns.

3 Likes

We definitely NEED another Forgotten DLC which adds mixed civs to solve the whole Euro-only DLCs problem with like ~5 civs (I accidently picked the 2 civs option in the poll, thank you AoE forums for the lack of a revoke option
), like for example: Georgians, Tibetans, Tamils, Somails/Hausa and Polynesians/something from Americas etc.

Also as I’m so biased on the Caucasian civs it seems like it’s most picked option in this poll
for now 11

3 Likes

Tibetans and Gokturks for Tang Dynasty of China.
Khitans and Jurchens for Song Dynasty of China.

Tibetans can represent Tanguts (Xi Xia) in some degree since both of them had the relation with ancient Qiang people.
Gokturks can represent ancient Turks who believed in Tengrism and had not yet converted to Islam, like Khazars.

Jurchens also had battles against Koreans and Japanese.
Khitans also had battles against Koreans and Seljuk Turks.

For me, an Asian, these 4 civs are the best choices to be introduced as new east Asian civs without a doubt.

Siamese (Thai people in the middle age) had battles against Burmese, but I consider it is a south east Asian civ and shall be introduced probably with other south Asian civs like Bengals, Dravidians or Sinhalese since they all have elephants. :slight_smile:

3 Likes