[Poll](Updated) Which civs would you like to see in the game? (All popularly requested civs included)

I hope at least some of them get into the game one day.

3 Likes

could you give your opinion?

(Map from CK2)

1 Like

what is this for?
reference?

Cool. It is an ethnic map isnā€™t it? Donā€™t you have a bigger one? I mean, one that covers more places in a single map.

Also, what year is it based on? Never played Crusader Kings but the title suggest me about 1000-1200 AD

1 Like

is there a source which describes them in nubia, i couldnā€™t find any
also, did nubia still use pharaohs by the time of AoE2? black pharaohs would be a cool UT name
and they werenā€™t a naval superpower, right?
would steppe lancers be a stretch for the civ considering the Bedouin nomads?

Realms mod is originally where the game designers stole all civ bonuses from starting with african kingdoms until now

4 Likes

Imo this is not true, itā€™s very easy to guess civilization bonuses like +2 melee armor, faster moving skirmishers, free loom, cheaper eco upgrades, free militia-line upgrades, free lumberjack upgradesā€¦

2 Likes

sorry about my last post, i misplaced it

also i have a quick question, i was designing a civ, it had no crossbow so i gave it a shotel like anti-infantry secondary unique unit (i later gave it decent health), the civ now has a anti-archer resistant crossbow, and iā€™m leaning towards giving it arblest, would that take the viability of the uu away?
what if i took away the last archer armor upgrade, i could also make skirms benefit from their UT to compensate (Adimurai UT which i have previously mentioned)

and lastly, i made a Siamese civ concept, and i was wondering if they would be too strong in trash wars, if you want to give feedback here it is New Civ Recommendations In Case Of Future Expansions (WIP list)

Is it still open. I donā€™t know how to vote. :hushed::hushed::hushed:

1 Like

you select each civ you want, then click the submit vote button at the bottom

1 Like

Is it an official poll?

2 Likes

No, it isnā€™t. Hopefully weā€™ll get heard though.

1 Like

Personally I see this survey somewhat biased, many important civilizations are missing, some civilizations are poorly located on the map, some civilizations are very anachronistic, and with all due respect, many of the users who have commented make many historical errors (especially in America), however, I am grateful to the author for the work of placing several civilizations on a single map and for the people who have shown great interest in new civilizations.

Although I personally prefer that a civilization should be included in the AoE saga on its own merits than at the request of some fans (due to the fact that there are many factors involved such as nationalisms, affinity, etc.), this survey seems like a good precedent for me.

1 Like

+1000 comments here
+1400 in Purely for fun speculation on future civ additions for AOE2 DE

I hope developers listen to the community and make new civilizations, so many are missing:

North America: Iroquois, Pueblos, Mississippians
Mesoamerica: Zapotecs, Toltecs, Tlaxcalas, Tarascans,
Caribbean: Caribs, Tupis
South America: Chimus, Muiscas, Araucans
South Africa: Swahili, Zimbabweans, Kongolese, Uganda
Africa: Mossi, Hausa, Songhai, Benin, Kanembu, Somalis
Middle Eastern: Nubians, Vandals
Oceanic: Malagasy, Visayans, Polynesians
West Europe: Dutch, Normans, Burgundians
Mediterranean: Croatians, Venetians, Albanians
Central Europe: Swiss
Eastern Europe: Finns, Wends, Vlachs, Avars
Caucasia: Khazars, Armenians, Georgians, Kurds, Pechenegs
Central Asia: Pashtuns, Uyghurs, Kazakhs, GƶktĆ¼rks, Hephthalites
East Asia: Tibetans, Tanguts, Khitans, Jurchen
South Asia: Sinhalese, Kannads, Tamils, Marathas, Oriya, Bengals, Nepalese

5 Likes

You missed flemish albanian and bohemians in europe.

1 Like

Edited! (20 characters)

However Bohemians are Wends=West Slavs

I am proud to say I started that thread :grin:

But you missed the civs I asked for in that very thread!

Cmon devs:

• Polish
  • Bohemians
  • Swiss
    and
  • Fatemids
4 Likes

And all of those are already covered by Slavs, Teutons and Saracens

Wends

They are arguably covered by Saracens, but you can tell me why they would be a good addition :grin: