[poll] What DLC would like to have first

Regions that are not represented:

South Europe = Iberia, Italy and Balkan
North Europe = Scandinavia
Central Europe = Carpathian and Baltic

6 Likes

I do not know why so many votes for Eastern Europe, if the basic version is to be Rus civ?

Central Europe, on the other hand, is very low - Polish-Lithuanian Union and the Kingdom of Hungary…

3 Likes

These are Eastern European :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

No

The division into Eastern Europe and Western Europe you give came about by the division of influence between the US and the USSR in Europe.
In AoE 2, we should be guided by the medieval division, not the modern one.

In the Middle Ages Catholic states were Western Europe, Eastern Europe were Orthodox states.

3 Likes

That’s your viewpoint

I divide West and East based on Iron Curtain

You do you too

1 Like

This is not the correct division, especially for the game of the Middle Ages…

2 Likes

In your viewpoint West Europe is 3/4ths of Europe then, wihle East is only Rus

You forgot about the Balkans - the Byzantine Empire, the Serbian Empire and the Bulgarian Empire. All of these empires were Orthodox.

1 Like

this poll calls them southern

1 Like

And I referred to them in the same way.

There is a difference between the geographic division (east, west, center, north and south) and the east-west division.

The Iron Curtain did not exist before the Cold War, so it makes no sense to be guided by it about the old days.

Poll shows the community’s desires. A MesoAmerican DLC with Aztecs, Mayans, Incas, Spain, or a DLC that has Byzantines, Venice, Italians, Portuguese. (civ picks are my choices)

2 Likes

west asia includes central asia right?

Turks, Dravidians, and Iranians all the way for the next expansion!

2 Likes

Meant to have a Central Asia option, lol. My bad. So yeah, West Asia includes Central then

1 Like

If you’re going to put down 18 poll options you might as well list specific civs instead of vague geographic regions. It reduces confusion. I voted West Europe for Spain because Spain is on the west side of Europe and their architecture style in the Conquerors was western European.

4 Likes

1 Like

So why isn’t Bulgaria or the Ottomans considered south Europe? They are just as southern as Albania and Greece. How am I supposed to know the cut off? Are the Scots north Europe or west?

1 Like

Celts guys Celts!!!

3 Likes

Bulgaria is considered Eastern Europe, Balkans considered southern and it would be the Byzantines not Ottomans. Byzantines imo can be considered Eastern or Southern

North

2 Likes

Could be classed as both North and West

2 Likes

Ottomans are not European, they are Western Asians.

6 Likes