[Poll] Which is your favourite civilisation?

Nobody will, because nobody survives to use Ethiopian siege with torsion.

Are they really your favourite civ?
Mine is Goths.

1 Like

You can in games against the AI.

By the way, I’ll close this poll once it reaches 150 votes.

Yeah, I like their Feitoria, resource trickle really nice. Not that normally helps me because I usually lose before I can build them :joy:
I like the Goths too because they get cheap champions which are my favorite general purpose unit

2 Likes

Nah. Ethiopians deal with the mid game better than Mongols so its more possible to see them getting to SO

1 Like

Thats too small of a sample size. I think its better to leave this open

1 Like

I’m talking about drill being significantly less expensive than Torsion engines. Without the UT’s, both are generic.

As for midgame
 Ethiopians lack options beyond archers and siege in the midgame. Mongols can do literally everything well in castle age, whereas Ethiopian cavalry is lacking. I don’t think your claim has any grounds.

Mongols can go with anything but Ethiopian have an actual solid mid game option while all Mongol options at castle age are mediocre at best because of the lack of eco bonus/ agood military bonus at mid game. The extra resource bonus also help there

Yeah, the mongols don’t have an eco bonus that’s literally so good that it’s one of like three, grand total, DE has nerfed.

Edit: Ninja edit. So an early bonus doesn’t carry until the later phases. Okay then. 11

Wonder why they nerfed the Mongol Hunt bonus but not the Viking free wheel and hand cart.

But how can you nerf that? The only option I see to do it properly is by buffing everyone else by making the tech cheaper/faster to research.

Nerfing the effect of the bonus will probably be sloppy otherwise

1 Like

Ding. It’s been suggested before, we just haven’t done it. Probably because we aren’t convinced Vikings are a god yet, despite being one of the best water civs period and having a winning record on both Arena and Arabia at 1650+. Which is insane.

It should be done, but that’s beside the point. The Mongol bonus got nerfed because it was too good. It remains one of the stronger eco bonuses broadly. The idea that this doesn’t transition to a better midgame versus an extra ~400 resources (the mongol bonus is ~300) ten minutes later is absurd.

Count in your lack of good cavalry to snipe enemy siege or monks and Ethiopians generally struggle in midgame. That’s before the very real possibility that it’s a semi-closed map and Mangudai get put on the table.

Eh, disagree. I have seen them being fairly competitive at mid game. Its their weaker stage but not by much

1 Like

I think you’ve won this argument since he hasn’t written back yet.

No, I figured the discussion had run it’s course.

He agreed at least tacitly that the Ethiopians have a weak midgame, and my position was that since the Ethiopian siege is more expensive it’d not only be more difficult to reach, but then you’d be able to field less of it compared to the Mongols, who will have more, and be able to protect it better.

His argument (from like, 8 posts ago) against that is that Ethiopians have a better midgame, offsetting the cost disparity. Now he’s walked that back. I see no need to beat a dead horse.

So, to summarize, the discussion has ended with “Yes, the Ethiopian siege is more expensive to make and the civ doesn’t really make it easier to afford,”

and he finishes the quote with “but I think it’s worth it for it’s eventual power”

where I finish the quote with “which is why the Mongol siege is better, in my opinion”

which is a disagreement we won’t solve with a back-and-forth, it’s totally on opinion.

1 Like

You know arguments like this keep my thread my relavent and that helps me get more votes so I’m actually kinda sad this argument is over.

1 Like

It’s weird that only 114 people have voted so far since there are hundreds if not thousands of users on this forum.

The thing is i think Mongols have this problem but much worse.

I havent walked back on that. I just said that their feudal and late imp is better.

Mongols in some way are a more polarizing Ethiopians with a weaker castle age and an stronger feudal and imperial age thanks to Mangudai

(grats, fought)

Where are you imagining this? The Mongols literally lack nothing in castle age except redemption, and their eco is extremely strong. The Mongols have no issues taking fights in castle age against anything.

Your argument for making the case that Ethiopian siege is easier is dependent on either arguing that the Ethiopians have a strong castle age (which you’ve already agreed isn’t true) or that the Mongols have a weak castle age. So, go ahead. Where do Mongols suffer in castle age?