[Poll] Which version of AoE4 will you buy or just Xbox Game Pass?

This is the official store information…

The Digital Deluxe Edition includes everything from Age of Empires IV, plus digital bonus content which includes the official Age of Empires IV soundtrack, Unit Counters Chart, art compilation from digital painter Craig Mullins, and exclusive in-game content including a Coat of Arms, Player Profile portrait, and Monument.

Pre-order Age of Empires IV now and get the Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition “Dawn of the Dukes” expansion as a free bonus in August 2021*.

One of the most beloved real-time strategy games returns to glory with Age of Empires IV, putting you at the center of epic historical battles that shaped the world. Featuring both familiar and innovative new ways to expand your empire in vast landscapes with stunning 4K visual fidelity, Age of Empires IV brings an evolved real-time strategy game to a new generation.

Return to History – The past is prologue as you are immersed in a rich historical setting of 8 diverse civilizations across the world from the English to the Chinese to the Delhi Sultanate in your quest for victory. Build cities, manage resources, and lead your troops to battle on land and at sea in 4 distinct campaigns with 35 missions that span across 500 years of history from the Dark Ages up to the Renaissance.

Choose Your Path to Greatness with Historical Figures – Live the adventures of Joan of Arc in her quest to defeat the English, or command mighty Mongol troops as Genghis Khan in his conquest across Asia. The choice is yours – and every decision you make will determine the outcome of history.

Customize Your Game with Mods – Available in Early 2022, play how you want with user generated content tools for custom games.

Challenge the World – Jump online to compete, cooperate or spectate with up to 7 of your friends in PVP and PVE multiplayer modes.

An Age for All Players – Age of Empires IV is an inviting experience for new players with a tutorial system that teaches the essence of real-time strategy and a Campaign Story Mode designed for first time players to help achieve easy setup and success, yet is challenging enough for veteran players with new game mechanics, evolved strategies, and combat techniques.

*Expansion bonus requires Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition game, sold separately. Valid for pre-orders via Steam, Microsoft Store, and participating retailers. Content requires broadband internet to download. See retailer for details.

System Requirements

Minimum:

• Processor: Intel Core i5-6300U
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Intel HD 520
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Storage: 50 GB available space
  • Deluxe Edition
  • Standard Edition
  • Xbox Game Pass
  • I wont buy anything / Searching for another option

0 voters

6 Likes

what are the differences between them ? i mean deluxe and standard …

I put an Image from the Deluxe Edition on the Top of this Poll… so you can see it now.

2 Likes

I really think I should consider getting xbox game pass, seems like a really good value, even though I don’t have that many games at the moment. I think aoe4 is going to be what makes me get it.

3 Likes

Still hoping for a collectors edition.

12 Likes

i’m waiting to know what exactly comes with the deluxe edition. We don’t really know what’s the “Monument” nor the “coat of arms”. I may consider to buy a collector edition if one is released too.

1 Like

I don’t think there will be a physical version. There are fewer and fewer physical versions for PC games. Even if it’s a shame. In addition there is almost no disk player on PCs, even top of the range.
So I took the Deluxe version

4 Likes

Yes, I think the same way, the direction is moving more and more towards digital versions and the physical ones are left behind.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I won’t be buying any version of AoE4 at release, or getting Game Pass to try it. I’ll watch people playing it on Twitch, and wait a while to see if it takes off. I played AoE3DE for just a few hours, I didn’t mind that too much at £12 (I think that was the price, it was cheaper as I already had the first two DEs), but I’m not paying the price of AoE4 for a game that I may well barely play. If the player numbers are higher than AoE2DE after 3 months, say, then maybe I’ll pay for 1 month of Game Pass to try it for myself.

I thought I would get this game for sure, but now, I have doubts. As others have mentioned, the civilizations don’t appear to be nearly as asymmetric as advertised, except for the Mongols. Plus, the unit animations look weird, and the arrows, while smaller now, still have very strange trajectories. Add to that the very limited amount of information coming out about the game, and it feels like the release might be rushed. Without seeing actual gameplay, it’s impossible to say if it’s worth playing.

I want the game to succeed, but I don’t have enough confidence to preorder. Frankly, giving Dawn of the Dukes free with preorders seems like a ploy to get people to buy a game that they wouldn’t after the reviews come in. If they were confident in the product, why would they be offering special deals before it’s even available?

1 Like

I understand your distrust in the game but I think you shouldn’t see everything too negatively. It is usually the question “is the glass half full or half empty” that you have to ask yourself.

1 Like

ill try it on the Xbox game pass and if it realness in a good state ill buy it on steam since the Xbox version is the worst version with slower patches and hotfixes, as well as locked down game files with little room for modding.

1 Like

I wanna buy it, i really do, but in Argentina is just too much. For now, i will wait to a discount.

3 Likes

I am curious what effects the closed beta will have on willingness to buy. :thinking:

2 Likes

Holding out for a physical special edition

Just gonna get it off steam otherwise

3 Likes

I’d love a Physical Collector’s Edition as well! Barring that, I’ll buy the Digital Deluxe on Steam.

3 Likes

Atm I’m really not sure. I wait for more gameplay and Beta access.
If I’d buy it, then the Standard Edition.

1 Like

This is a 7 day old interview on twitch between Relic and Worlds Edge employees, that I’m sure not everyone has seen so far.

Here is a small list of key points with new pieces of information from the video and some are from reddit:

• Landmarks can be rebuilt where they were originally built. The foundation is essentially indestructible(The only exception to this would be the Mongols, who could rebuild the landmark, then pack it up and move it if they wanted to)

• Abbasids want mixed troops and won’t want armies of camels as shown in the video but instead mix small numbers throughout their army. I feel like this gives camels more of a logistic role than a pure combat one that may address some of the historical complaints about them. The way Adam Isgreen talked about it makes it sound as if there’s more than one kind of area-of-effect buff.

• Abbasids get lots of unique techs (presumably other civs will have fewer unique techs)

• Overall goal with naval was to make it “even more interesting” than previous Age games. They emphasize the difference between oar and sails ship. In past builds of the game they’ve made pretty radical distinctions between their respective turn rates though this has been tuned down. Goal is that there should be a role for smaller ships due to better handling. Lot’s of talk about broadsides from Quinn Duffy and he discusses coordination of land and water forces. Edit: sounds like when firing broadsides you shoot from both sides of the ship at once.

• All civs encourage micro in some situations and the HRE has a unit that very strongly encourages micro.

• Coat of Arms: In game you’re represented by portrait and coat of arms with personalized colors, symbols, art, etc. when you buy the digital deluxe edition you’ll get extra options.

• Monuments: As you play you unlock monuments that go in the empty space of TC. Purely cosmetic. You get an extra one with the digital deluxe edition.

11 Likes

To entice people to buy the deluxe, I wish they’ve shown a preview (with watermark) of the artwork and a short sample of the soundtrack. I’ve listened to previous AoE game soundtracks and to be honest, they pale in comparison to Total War’s so in the end I pre-ordered the standard edition.

2 Likes

Can we get this game to GOG?

I want to be able to play this 20 years from now and I can hardly expect to do so if I can’t even run the game without connecting to a server.
I would be fine with Xbox Game Pass for now since it’s at least straightforward in what it offers but it doesn’t include DLC… and sorry, I am not buying DLC to a game (license) I don’t own.