Portuguese Buff not enough by far (land)

Yeah, I mean on land. Probably also in the same level on hybrid maps

On Land, Italians still Age Up faster, and their Condos are now better than ever against Organ Guns, HCs and Archers, not to mention that they can defeat the Ports Champions (3 less attack, but 10 more HP and +1 Melee Armour due to Pavise).

Italians vs Ports, on Lands, gives Italians a big advantage still, specially in the Imperial Age.

1 Like

Don’t you guys follow the “unique unit vs every unique unit” series on YT?? God

Organ guns lose to everything, they are too situational, and it’s not like portuguese have above average “meat shield” to help against cavalry

Their bonus will save gold for what? Sub-par cavalry? Sub-par C.A. ?? 1 extra champion every 5?
Extra champions will help nothing against C.A. or paladins
 specialy w/o squires

2 Likes

aside of a price discount for arquebus, I don’t think Organ guns need a buff, maybe slight accuracy buff but not really a priority.
I’m still expecting something for feitoria like adjusting population requirement or building cost OR straight up a new bonus considering currently Portos only have one civ bonus in most 1v1 scenarios with current feitoria (their team bonus also doesn’t apply to 1v1)

3 Likes

Onagers and BBC, Arbalests and Monks, Trebuchets and Cavaliers, Organ Guns and Ships

Ports discount is great, they need nothing else. I wish the Koreans bonus worked for Siege like the Ports bonus does.

Portuguese still deserve one compeltely new bonus.

They got how many bonus in a 1v1 on Arabia?
Just the gold discoint:water bonus useless, team bonus useless, feitoria useless, carrack useless.

How many bonuses did teutons have when they reserved just another one with the extra armor.

This civs didn’t deserve such a meager and boring +5% buff. It doesn’t solve anything and I will eat a hat if aoe stats will not show them deep inside the bottom 5 despite the buff.

3 Likes

The bare minimum is 15% increased accuracy and same projectile speed as arrows, otherwise the Arquebus means nothing

50% is the worst in the game
 I mean, how is Arquebus supposed to counter Ballistics if the projectile is so slow that it won’t hit anything??

No need, but what would you suggest?

Best late Imp Galleons, and all due to Carrack and the +10% HP. It could be +15% HP though, because it IS inconsequential in the Feudal ands Castle Ages.

A lot of Team Bonii are, it is a theme. They are supposed to weak, in the majority of cases.

It is not, but it should stay weak, because it is one of those things that is either weak or OP, no middle ground.

If hand cannons were buffed all those underpeeforming gunpowder civs (ita, turk, ports) would benefit. Also Indians would get an option other can imp camels.

It would be like killing multiple flies with one strike.

First buff HC HP by 5 HP and the accuracy by 5% as well.

Then buff longswoards and two handed swordsmen by each 5 HP and make these two upgrades each 50 food cheaper to compensate their counter unit buff.

3 Likes

I agree with this.

Indian HCs are already the best, just because of Shatagini.
If anything, they and the Italians are the only cost-effective HCs.

1 Like

Eco buildings grant 5 pop

Like the slav team bonus

This is a relative small buff I imagine but would work great together to get poppace for feitoria ready and helps in dark age.

I have no historical base for this thought.

2 Likes

You forgot in my original post, that i classified those things as useless in a 1v1 land map scenario.

So the water bonuses, and the team bonus are truly useless and I argue the feitoria is mostly too. With the current way it works I can never be aloud to not be useless (pop efficient) or it would break the game.

1 Like

Vs a general civ, I would pick Portuguese almost 100%. Way better land eco. In the specific matchup yes, italians have an anti gunpowder unit and porto are a gunpowder civ

1 Like

This seems like something Koreans would get, or Turks.

There would be a bigger base for Feitorias giving pop space, to be honest.

But the Water bonus is not useless, when paired up with Carrack, in the Imperial Age.
Sure, it does almost nothing for Galleys and War Galleys, but it is strong on Galleons (+16.5 HP)

A very strong anti-Gunpowder unit that overpowers generic Champions.

Condos are great now, specially with the +1 Attack.

They still dies to arbs and cavalry, but still I am starting to think that Italians could be pushed towards a fast imp strategy with a decent rebalance between dock discount and age up discount (Italians still need something on land, but we are almost finishingthe weak civs so the balanceis close to perfection). At least they would have an identity of access asap to new techs, which we have discussed in the past (you were one of the people supporting if I remember correctly).

This would put Italians in a very different spot with respect to portos (which now are a perfect generic civ).

2 Likes

Cavalry? Yes.
Arbs? Not so much.

Not only are they faster, but they have a Pierce Armour advantage after Pavise.
Italian Condos play a lot like Eagles now. I would go as far as say they are the Knight replacement for Imp Age Italians.

1 Like

5 pierce armor infantry always dies to arb

1 Like

How many times do we even see such UU vs UU scenario in real games? And those tests use equal resources and very few units iirc so ofc it’s not a good example for balancing any unit

4 Likes

Sad samurai noises