These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.
- GAME BUILD #: 101.101.43210.0 5867313
- GAME PLATFORM: Steam
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10
DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
Tl;dr: Feitoria and Kreposts are worded the same way in civ descriptions for Portuguese and for Bulgarians, but the Portuguese get Feitoria in full tech tree mode, while Bulgarians do not get Kreposts in full tech tree mode. I understand this is a game mode that not many players play, but please make it consistent if you have the chance to, for those of us who want to enjoy this game mode. Please change one of them to make it consistent with the other.
I tested different civs in Full Tech Tree mode, and the behavior for most civs are expected:
- Indians get imperial camels, Koreans get turtle ships, etc, because those are listed as “unique units” on the civ description page. However, Vietnamese don’t get “imperial skirmisher”, and that’s because it’s listed as an “upgrade” in the civ description page. Allies don’t get any of these units. This is all expected.
- All civs (including meso civs) get eagle warriors and all stable units, but don’t get Xolotl warriors. (I love the new meso stable architecture.)
My understanding is simply, every civ gets every unit plus its own “unique units”, but loses unique technologies and other civ bonuses. This makes sense.
What’s unexpected is, Portuguese get Feitoria, which take up pop space and generate resources, while Bulgarians do not get Kreposts. Both are worded the same way in the civ bonus descriptions (“Can build ____ …”), so I think Full Tech Tree mode should be consistent in how they are treated. In particular, I think it makes sense to remove Feitoria from Portuguese, but if they’re not removed, it would also be okay to add Krepost to Bulgarians. I think it should be consistent how unique buildings are treated.
FREQUENCY OF ISSUE
How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!
- 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
- Start a Skirmish against the AI. Choose “Portuguese” as the civilization, start in post-imperial age with high resources, and check “Full Tech Tree”.
- In game, build a Feitoria. It turns out, Feitoria are available and produce a steady stream of resources.
- Now leave the game; start a new game with the same settings, and choose “Bulgarians” as the civilization.
- In game, attempt to build a Krepost. Notice that the Krepost button is missing.
What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
Either the Portuguese cannot build a Feitoria, or the Bulgarians can build a Krepost – either of these would be more consistent. I would expect the former – that the Portuguese cannot build a Feitoria.
ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
Wording of the civ descriptions:
Portuguese in-game, with full tech tree:
Bulgarians in-game, with full tech tree:
GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)
Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.