Possible solution for Khmer farming bonus?

Just reduce the farming workrate to even 5% then

2 Likes

Still nothing heavy like elephants or Paladins

still think taking away loom and maybe farm workrate from 3% to 5% is fine

And what are you gonna do with that? You won’t have enough res to do anything useful.

To make it the worst civ in the game again?

2 Likes

to give them a pressure for early game and if they survive they exceed in late game

Have you played any games without researching loom? I haven’t, but I’m pretty sure I’d get wrecked. Villagers going down in half the time, etc. If your reach imp against a hussar civ, you’re probably dead. Also against any tower rush, let alone the Inca tower rush or the Persian douche into vill-fights.

6 Likes

You can get 3TCs pumping quite quickly, because every 6 farms provide enough food trickle to keep 1 TC running instantly as soon as they’re build.

well i mean it would be something they can definetly live from i mean maybe its somehow compesated after castle

To be fair i just wanna tackle their early game so they can be stopped not that i wanna permantly damage them throughout the game just dark and feudal and maybe making a compensation that replace loom like something for the extra hp but lets say not the armor

Villagers without loom die like flies to pretty much everything. It’s one of if not the most important tech in the game. If Khmer lack that I doubt anyone would pick the civ.

But you don’t have the wood to build the tcs and enough farms even when you don’t need building to click up. Usually people go with pop 28 with Khmer boom on arena (gives the same castle time as clicking up with pop 26 to feudal for other civs). You can go ealier if you don’t want to go for scouts but certainly not something like pop 21. Of course, Khmer can do insanely fast fc times but this is only worth it if you wanna have fast xbows or a fast siege shop (on hideout, for instance).

3 Likes

i am not sure if you miss the point but since people only complain how fast they accell i thought what would be one way to put a bit of a block to it and i know (i expierence it enough forgetting loom) that villager are really vunerable but like i said there could be something to compensate it in castle so there powerlevel early is a bit more counterable and they still keep their strength castle and imp

People complain about a lot of stuff, here. Imo Khmer is strong but also very well balanced civ so I don’t see a reason to nerf them. They perfrom well across different maps but at the time they have weaknesses on all maps. Apart from that I think taking away loom and then compensating is the wrong approach to the game. Also very tricky to balance. How much hp would they need to get so that it’s not gg because of the starting scout when your opponent reaches feudal? How much hp not to be gg vs 2 archers? These are unneccessarily complicated questions that imo just a waste of time to think about.

2 Likes

Because of khmer farm nature, it will still have better boom than others.

So if you think Khmer are balanced what would you say is the Winrate they have in tournament settings in the last 5 months ? Counting only somewhat big tournaments (A-tier and S-tier) and round of 8 to ensure a somewhat equal player level. What would you say the number is and what would you say is the limit of being acceptable under perfect measurement conditions ?

Well, a lot of civs have better boom than others and still that doesn’t mean these are op. Apart from trickle advantage Khmer farmers aren’t faster (in fact even slower) than slavs or aztecs. You could make an argument that Khmer have the best uncontested boom because their farms and no-building requirement have a great synergy. But then this is rather relevant on closed maps where Khmer have a weakness against onager+halb since the day the got bbc removed (which resulted in most pro players not even considering them top tier on arena anymore).

I think pick rates or more important than win rates but that’s another topic. Thing is, which tournaments can we take into account? The one which would tell clearest is just about to start (kotd). There hasn’t been a super big 1v1 tournament since the nerf as far as I know.

They were picked kind of frequently in arabia invitational but not before the usual top civs (aztecs, mayans, chinese, vikings, britons). No idea what their win rate was, here. In clown cup they were included in most drafts but also only after civs such as aztecs, teutons, malay, britons, cumans. According to both pick and winrates they were “only” A tier, here, so definitely not op. Teamgames is a different topic so I don’t think balance should pay too much attention to boa. Obviously, Khmer is a super strong pocket civ but that’s just what it is because of how tgs work and elephants were nerfed while khmer don’t have paladin. RB was a totally different setting so difficult to compare. Then what’s left? As far as I remember, hc2 was before the nerf or wasn’t it? Looking at all this, I can’t see how tournaments would show that Khmer are too strong.

1 Like

The thing is taking away loom is more then compensation, it’s a major over-nerf. They would never survive to castle age on Arabia, everyone would know that the meta against Khmer is early aggression, so the Khmer would just be constantly punished, and never have the opportunity to even see castle age.

3 Likes

Man people are out for Khmer throats. We had bloodlines, heavy plow and hand cart before, now it’s loom 11

9 Likes

May I introduce a game breaking bonus to you. That what happens when you wanna keep it it will eat your civ like an infection.

The pick order isnt that important it can rely too much on the draft per se. But Khmer only lost 1 game from the last 12

1 Like

Please leave the Khmer bonus alone, it is a good civ and not too OP, don’t fix something that doesn’t need fixing.

3 Likes