Pre-launch Poll

Aoe IV is well along the way to being released! (Only around a week left!)

So I thought it might be appropriate to gauge how/what people people feel in regards to certain aspects of the game so far. You might notice some questions are related to topics discussed around the forums as well.

Which game do you come from?

• Aoe 1
  • Aoe 2
  • Aoe 3
  • AoM
  • Aoe Online
  • Starcraft
  • Other RTS

0 voters

When will you pick the game up?

• As soon as it launches
  • I already Pre-ordered
  • Not until the other features come (2022)
  • Not until specific fixes are made
  • Never

0 voters

What do you think about the Siege crews debate?

• I think adding siege crews would improve the visuals
  • I like the way siege units currently look
  • I don’t care about what siege units look like

0 voters

Which civs do you think need more unique units?

• Abbasids
  • HRE
  • Chinese
  • English
  • French
  • Dehli Sultanate
  • Mongols
  • Rus
  • None, I dont want them to add units.

0 voters

Do you think the latest zoom change was adequate?

• Its just what I wanted
  • They still need to extend it further
  • I didn’t even notice a change

0 voters

Thanks for completing the poll!
Here’s a gif as your reward.
657150562759c4df1b176e9cadb225f4_w200

I also plan to make a poll slightly after launch to gauge people’s opinions so stay tuned.
Until then feel free to point out what i’ve missed/what you want in the next poll!

37 Likes

Poll was good, just wish there was a “All” option for this question

Which civs do you think need more unique units?

10 Likes

Should have added a game pass option to the second question.

6 Likes

Fun poll, but I come from multiple RTS games, maybe let people pick more than one game.

10 Likes

I love that poll to see, that most of gamers here are quite happy/alreaady preordered and the negative-vibe comes as usually from a loud minority of angry men.

7 Likes

A lot of people who are critical of the game are also pre ordering. Many reasons involved from wanting to see how the campaigns are, because they love AOE so they will pay regardless etc. so no that doesn’t really say much.

6 Likes

You are not wrong. I still read “alot of” complains, that said, how atrocious the game looks and that they wont play aoe4…That seems to be a minority.

2 Likes

Yes, the people who choose not to pre order is a bit of a minority. But to me it’s really sad because a lot of those people love AOE but this game didn’t give them that feeling they always had from AOE. Especially when many of them would have been waiting for this game for 15 years. For many it would have been an excitement to hit the pre order button when they first heard it but then had to go through a or of mental struggle to get a refund.

I don’t take those minority lightly and I respect them.

3 Likes

Of course, we are not going to see 5k dislikers from youtube here. Its an aoe forum. Only people who are very passionate about the series are going to be here. I have read on reddit that many have stopped watching anything related with aoe 4 after being disappointed with the beta. some stop commenting because they think its too late as release date is nearing, and some still post as they come from previous best age games and have hope their voice will be heard.

I actually envy the people who are excited. It would be nice to feel that excitement. It gives us some purpose to wake up in the morning and realize we are happy with something. The last I remember having such excitement was for Witcher 3 and AC Odyssey and the next will come for Stalker 2. Hope good games keep coming and of course, I want Age series to keep living and be the best. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I think everyone who comments in these forums, regardless of opinions are people who want the best out of these games. Some people are happy that the game didn’t break out of its shell and played it safe and made a playable game, some people are happy that as competitive players the game catered to their needs, while some people coming from campaigns and single player are upset by the lack of unit details and animations that add to immersive ness, and people are upset because the trend in AOE was to add and improve, rather than delete and take away. So they had expectations. And some people are upset because of the terrible marketing but in the end, everyone on this forum loves AOE. And thank their bloody socks off to Ensemble Studios for blessing us with this beautiful franchise.

3 Likes

TBF even if they did show up, they’d be representing a minority.

7 Likes

Fair point, I understand that question wasn’t nuanced enough for some.

I wanted to keep 1 vote per person to sort of gauge the “demographics” of this forum.
But its also true that people have probably played at least 2 of the games listed.

Ill try to put that into account for the next poll.

Thanks, I totally forgot about that lol.

1 Like

Really good poll. Shows that most people look forward to AOE4 even though the game still have room for improvement.

7 Likes

Good job boss on keeping fresh entertaining threads :+1:

2 Likes

Some questions should be multiple choices, for example, I played all AOE 1, 2 and 3, but it has been a long time I haven’t played AOE, and I believe many others play more than just one game, so “Which game do you come from?” question doesn’t make sense if it only allows one choice

1 Like

I actually think which game you come from is the best question. I have played Dune 2, AOE 1-3, WC 1-3, SC 1-2, Total Anhilation, Total Anhilation Kingsdoms, Command and Conquer and 20 other RTS I can not remember right now.

Basically if you fill in all the games you have played, the question becomes someting else completly. But typically you have a primary RTS game that you played before AOE4 so it makes sense to use that.

I have played several thousands AOE2 games but since I played SC2 for the last 10 years, I am a SC2 player.

Starting on the 28th I will be an AOE4 player.

4 Likes

Yeah I can understand how that question lacks nuance. I myself have played multiple aoe games and Starcaft so a single option sounds problematic.

I should have worded it as “what is your primary/favourite RTS game”.
Regardless, thanks for the feedback and I’ll try to make the second poll a bit better.

Yeah basically this.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Another type of question that might need a little care in order to interpret the results correctly :slight_smile:

When you asked about our preference concerning the siege unit (with humans manipulating them like in AOE 3 or without (like in AOE 2 (except for the cannon)) I answered that I prefer the AOE 3 model : add humans manipulating the siege units.

This is what I prefer, but I am not asking for it. I can live without it. For me it doesn’t affect the gameplay significantly, it adds a nice touch, nothing more. I can easily live with the actual AOE 4 little yellow ghosts manipulating the siege engines. The graphics of the game are very nice, so that there are a lot of little nice touches already there, I can live without this one.

I nevertheless voted : I prefer WITH. It should not be interpreted as : It is important and I ask for it.

1 Like

Lol , im adding the link of this poll to my thread , because is somehow related (in terms of pre-launch)

Good poll though.

1 Like