Pre-order Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition, available this November 14!

Today, we are thrilled to announce that Age of Empires: Definitive Edition will launch on the Microsoft Store, Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) and Ultimate, and Steam on November 14, 2019 !

For all you Age II players eagerly looking forward to the arrival of the Definitive Edition, you can pre-order the game on the Microsoft Store and Steam starting TODAY! You’ll be able to enjoy all the features—including cross play with your friends, four brand-new civilizations, three new campaigns, and a transport ship full of game improvements—right on day one, so be sure to unlock your copy today:

Our goal is to make the best possible version of Age II that we can, working right alongside our community. So while Age II DE’s release is only a few months away, you can sign up to participate in the Age II DE beta right now – visit ageofempires.com/insiders to join the Age Insider program—and help us tune and refine Age II even further. You’ll also have a chance to participate in future beta opportunities, so sign up!

For more information, visit the official announcement over on Xbox Wire.

We’ll see you on the battlefield!

6 Likes

Can I pre-order now? I am BETA insider and STEAM says I already have the game :frowning:

4 Likes

Our production team is aware and working on a fix for an issue preventing some players from pre-ordering the game! So, hang tight; we’ll let you know when we’ve implemented a solution!

3 Likes

Hi,

I already bought the bundle and im also a beta member of AoE2 DE. I just got AoE1 DE, but no sign of AoE2 DE, (since steam says i “already” got the game).

Should i ask for refund? I’m going to get both?

Thank you.

1 Like

informs me that I already own this product

I try to preorder Age2DE but the price was 19.99€ , i also have Age2HD, dont i get a 5€ discount?
----EDIT----
You must choose the budle Age2 2013 and Age2 DE in order to take the discount!

We’re on the case, and will let you know as soon as we have a solution! Thank you for your patience!

1 Like

aoe%202%20de%20bug%20compra

I tried to buy the game as soon as it was announced on xbox stream and the “purchase for myself” option is disabled. I have access to the beta through steam so the shop thinks i already own the game but I DON’T. Help please!

EDIT: I already post this on steam discussions. I’m just trying to attack the issue from all fronts available

Thanks so much for the report. We’re aware and looking into this and will circle back when we have more information.

3 Likes

( I am sorry, this is a repost from Age of Empires II -> Ask for Help, Will getting the Steam 'Age of Empires Definitive Edition Bundle' prevent me to get AOE2DE?
I didn’t realize that I posted in the less active AOE2DE main forum, and I think this needs quicker attention)

Request:

The problem is that the bundle is priced at 14.99€ for beta participants, because Steam thinks we already own AOE2DE. I am guessing that buying this bundle for 14.99€ only gives us AOE1DE and when the beta ends we will lose AOE2DE. So if you are in the beta, getting this bundle right now only gives you AOE1DE, (although at a pretty nice price, 14.99 € in my region), and then have to buy AOE2DE again after the beta

Either that or we get both games for 14.99€.

Bundle: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/11831

Troubleshooting Steps:

Buy the bundle as a beta participant for 14.99€

1 Like

Well, the game is available on steam for pre purchase and i can’t buy it because i’m participating like beta tester. But i do not know if in the future the price will be higher and i can pay the actual prize, how can i buy it ?

Same issue here! Please help us to pre-order our lovely game.

As a participant of the closed beta I cannot preorder the game on Steam because Steam thinks I already own the game.

Bez%20n%C3%A1zvu

This shouldve been in the Ask For Help section sorry about that.

hurry up please, im dying over here

2 Likes

DIO! so you think you can show up your profile like this MR P.!?

FOR USERS WHO WERE HAVING TROUBLE PRE-ORDERING AGE OF EMPIRES II: DEFINITIVE EDITION

We have implemented a solution! Please follow these steps to finish pre-ordering Age 2: Definitive Edtion:

1. IMPORTANT: Re-launch your Steam client.

2. If you do not own Age of Empires II: HD, visit the Steam page:

3. If you own Age of Empires II: HD, you will want to purchase the bundle DE & 2013 bundle to receive your discount:

If you continue to have trouble, please let us know and we’ll take a second look!

1 Like

now this comes out in steam
Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition: According to our records, you already have one or more of the items included in this pack on Steam.
If you are buying it for yourself, you will not receive an extra copy of:
Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition
two
All prices include VAT (where applicable).

Since the content of Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition + Age of Empires II (2013) is personalized for your account, it cannot be purchased as a gift.

2 Likes

now this comes out in steam
Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition: According to our records, you already have one or more of the items included in this pack on Steam.
If you are buying it for yourself, you will not receive an extra copy of:
Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition
two
All prices include VAT (where applicable).

Since the content of Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition + Age of Empires II (2013) is personalized for your account, it cannot be purchased as a gift.

So I’ve tried restarting my Steam client multiple times and seems like not much has changed apart from me being able to buy Age 2 DE but not actually receiving it because I “already own it” (second picture).

hgdjfds

1 Like

Hey there! A few questions:

• First: did you completely exit and re-launch Steam before attempting to purchase?
  • Can you please include a screenshot of the error message you received when attempting to purchase the bundle.