Pre-order Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition, available this November 14!

Seems like VorticalGull has the same issue as me and Iā€™ve posted screenshots above that might be of help.

Super helpful! Iā€™ve passed them to the team and weā€™re starting our internal tests to see if we can reproduce the issue. Thanks for sending these our way!

i have the same issues as all trying, so now i have to wait cause i try many times :frowning:

AOE2:DE still shows ā€œIn libraryā€ even after restarting Steam multiple times

1 Like

I bought the ā€œpackā€ for 60PLN ($15). I hope this isnā€™t considered an exploit, since Iā€™m technically buying the game at a reduced price without buying the second one. I planned on buying AoE2:DE anyway, but I think I remember the Forgotten Empires page on Facebook posting that the game would be $20 at launch, and $15 for those who have AoE2HD, so it didnā€™t make a difference if I bought it now as a preorder and got the preorder discount, or later and got the HD discount, so I bought the pack now, because I wanted to play AoE:DE on Steam ASAP. I just hope this isnā€™t an exploit (even I highly doubt it, but I would be very happy if someone could clarify that, just to be sure).

Also, other AoE games that cost $20, cost 80PLN in Poland, but AoE2:DE costs 92PLN despite also costing $20, so if I bought the preorder I could potentially pay more, if the game is really going to be 80PLN after launch, like the rest of $20 AoE games on Steam. I guess itā€™s some Steam currency exchange shenanigans.

Hello,

I want to get the Steam Definitive Edition Bundle on Steam (https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/11831), Steam thinks I have AOE2DE already so the price is 14.99 ā‚¬, but I am only in the beta.

Will getting the bundle now for 14.99ā‚¬ only get me AOE1DE and when the beta expires AOE2DE will disappear, and then I have to pay another 14.99ā‚¬. Or can I get the bundle and keep both games. I will gladly pay 29.99ā‚¬ but Steam wont allow it.

I guess this was unintentional but beta participants should obviously not get a worse deal than non-beta ones. This is why I am kinda reporting it here.

I might have posted this in the most inactive section I realized.

oh dangā€¦ i dont know about the aoe1DE, but aoe2DE gives a discount to players who already own aoe2HD (now its called aoe2 2013), so you should check out directly at aoe2DE to see if you can get a cheaper price on the bundle.

I donā€™t see the discount being apllied on my cart and i own 2HD :confused:

1 Like

What about the few Euros off the AoE2:DE buyers should get for having the HD version of AoE2 on Steam already?
It hasnā€™t been implemented in steam yet right?

1 Like

If you make pre-order you get beta access?
If so how you enable beta?

EDIT: We have moved the discussion about beta participant discount issues over to this thread on the closed-beta section of the forums. Thank you.

:black_small_square::white_small_square::white_small_square::white_small_square::white_small_square::white_small_square::white_small_square::white_small_square::black_small_square:

Hello everyone! We are tracking a handful of purchase issues which are preventing people from picking up the Definitive Edition (or one of the game bundles) on Steam. I will try to update this post as we get more information and implement solutions.

:black_small_square::white_small_square::white_small_square::white_small_square::white_small_square::white_small_square::white_small_square::white_small_square::black_small_square:

[NOT A BETA PARTICIPANT] No 25% discount when upgrading to ā€˜Age of Empires II: Definitive Editionā€™

To provide a permanent path for owners of Age of Empires II: HD , weā€™ve bundled the HD and DE versions together. When you purchase the bundle, you will be automatically discounted 25% off Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition .

If you continue to have problems, please let us know below!

[BETA PARTICIPANT] No 25% discount when upgrading to ā€˜Age of Empires II: Definitive Editionā€™

Beta participants who were entitled with an Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition beta key may run into issues when trying to upgrade from HD to the Definitive Edition . This appears to be an issue with the beta keys causing entitlement issues when trying to add the new addition.

bug%203%20aoe2de%20compra

The team is currently following up on this issue. We will provide updates as they become available.

[BETA PARTICIPANT] Players who purchased the ā€˜Age of Empires Definitive Edition Bundleā€™ and did NOT receive ā€˜Age of Empires II: Definitive Editionā€™ can no longer purchase ā€˜AoEII: DEā€™ at a discount.

Beta participants who purchased the Definitive Edition Bundle but did not receive the Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition may try to re-purchase the bundle, but do not receive it as a discounted price.

hgdjfds

The team is working on a solution to this problem. We will provide updates as they become available.

12 Likes

Purchase went through here correctly. Iā€™m in South America (Brazil).

I already owned AoE2 HD and also played the Definitive Edition beta.

Canā€™t wait to play it in November! :blush:

3 Likes

Is there any chance of getting a Steam key for AoE:DE if we already own it on the Microsoft Store? Those of us who bought it on before it came to Steam are the biggest Age of Empires fans, but Steam is undeniably better than Microsoft Store!

2 Likes

I donā€™t thing so, since there is gonna be cross play between platforms

Same issue here, exactly the same.

We hear you, and we are working on a solution for people who are not able to finish purchasing the game!

1 Like

I wish it was coming earlier but now Ill have something to ignore family during thanksgiving

1 Like

I bought the bundle of AoE 1 + AoE 2. So being a beta tester I technically only bought AoE 1.

But Iā€™m mostly interested in AoE 2, do I have to ask for a refund?

Not yet! Hold on, for now, and weā€™ll let you know if you need to refund, re-purchase, or if we find another solution that works even better!