Predict the Oct... Cof, cof... November balance changes challenge:

Khmer has a bit less than 50% win rate in 1vs1 ranked battles. Dont think they will change anything specific there.

I would like to see that they will exchange the techs “Paper money” and “Atheism”

And I wonder what these “functional” changes might be. Maybe the elefants can now carry one infantry unit :smiley:

Now go check how khmer perform in tournaments.
Also huns dont need buffs. Despite having a terrible imp unique tech

Let’s try, balance changes prediction :

• In general : some small changes for some of the renowned underwhelming units at the moment
    CA Frame delay (10 to 8,5) / Hand Cannoneer accuracy (65% to 80%) / LS research speed and reduce tech cost, maybe some speed bonus for militia-line couldn’t hurt them as well (0,9 to 0,94).

• Burmeses : Manipur Cavalry doesn’t affect Arambaïs anymore

• Bulgarians : something will happen for sure, maybe Blacksmith cost reduction (150 wood to 75 wood), some small eco bonus, Bagain price…

• Koreans : Wood discount apply to siege units, maybe reduced to 15% overall

• Celts : Siege firing rate reduced a little

• Francs : Foragers bonus reduced to 15%

• Goths : Remove free loom (compensate with better LS change in the best scenario). It’s a controversial one, Goths laming is so annoying but they’re so unique in their own way so…

• Khmer : Reduce farmers gathering rate by 4%, they will still be slightly better than average civs in addition to not needing mills and receive food immediately
    Elephants move 10% faster in Castle Age, 15% in Imperial age (instead of 15% all the time)

• Portuguese : More viable feitoria, and a small bonus for land maps in early game. Personally I think they’re almost fine like they are, gold reduction is so versatile.

• Turcs : Most tricky one… CA and HC buff can certainly help them in the first place. Maybe I would give them onagers in Imp to counter mass arbalest where they can struggle, and I heard a lot about gold mines last longer which could be a good idea.

In addition, might be some unique units adjustments (Geneose Xbows, Keshiks, Leitis, Mameluks, Samouraïs, War elephants) and unique tech (Atheism, with a nerf to Huns if needed).

Hope they can also fix some pathing as well, TC control group issue, towers and castles aiming…

Voilà ! We’ll see, I think there will be some surprises too !

1 Like

Yeah but these torunaments had special settings. And elephants were hardly used. A nerve on elefants wont change anything.
The tournament resultes is also discussed in this thread: Khmer have a 13 games win streak in Round of 8s of recent major tournaments

If you want to weaken the Khmer, I would reduce the garison limit of houses to increase the raiding potential.

I dont think nerfing the house garrison is gonna do crap to khmer

Sadly I think they will reduce the speed bonus of the elephants only because of team games.

don’t be silly. The guys who are opposed to all powerful civ bonuses (chiefly @RoomOfTheEvil) aren’t the same people who’d like team games to be better balanced, and the people who’d like TGs to be better balanced aren’t the same as the people who’d like Islands to be better balanced, and those aren’t the same as the people who’d like BlackForrest to be better balanced. (There is a little overlap between the last 3 groups, I can easily think of people on this forum who only care about 1 of those 3 settings.)

I just got a bit pissed off by those balance demands. I prefer leaving balance change to whoever that is in charge rather than random people from a forum. People getting paid are going to treat their job more seriously than anyone else, naturally. Same for professional players.

1 Like

Ports:
Buff -
feitoria gives +20 housing,
Feitoria may now garrison units such as villagers,

Slavs:
Buff -

Boyar gains +1 melee armor

Teutons:

Semi-Nerf/buff -

Stable units melee armor increase decreased to 1

Buff -
Barracks units melee armor stays the same and increases pierce armor by 2 (+2/2)

Incas:
Buff -

Eagle warriors, kamyuks, etc gain +10-15% speed
Keeps current pierce armor increase

Nerf -
Blacksmith upgrades effect villagers starting in castle age, current upgrades done in feudal still count towards them

does it still consume pop space too?

slavs don’t really need a buff.

this overlaps with malians and goes against the teuton identity.

Incas also don’t need a buff.

heaven forbid we have outside the box strategies.

1: yeah, it’ll still take up pop space, it just provides more room for building in general instead of also overcrowding with houses around the feitoria, it’s best to use what space you can(think of it as 20 villagers living inside a factory that never leave) -

3: it’s moreso middle of the road, it’s half malians half the other civ that increases melee armor - it fits the style of quality over quantity, and the quality focuses on both aspects -

4: I feel the speed increase, even if just to the eagle warriors, would make the pierce armor more worthwhile -

5: 11, true -

Question for you guys since this came up a few months ago - how do you feel about Archers now? with the recent pathing updates and what not, do you think Xbow/Arb stacking still needs nerfed or are they fine?

I think knights have a better chance to defeat massed archers, but it requires micro. Besides, archers still get countered by onagers when stacked.

and of course skirms still counter them. but the point is - do you think Archers need to be nerfed? a while ago there was discussion of nerfing their stacking. now i’m not so sure they need it.

What about Knights? They are too strong in the castle age without any upgrades needed to train. And more now after patching fix. Or Eagles, they are too cheap and make meso civ OP.

Let’s Auto nerf everything.

i don’t think archers or knights need nerfs, i was asking what the new opinion was because a few months ago many thought archers were op (pre pathing buffs), and that they needed nerfs.

My only issue is, they don’t need any food. That’s why it’s easier to get to Imp. Same with eagle warriors.

My prediction:

Krepost: 350 > 275 stone
Cav Archers improved shooting rate
Burmese Manipur tech 650 food > 400 food (gold stays the same)

Base:
Siege towers : 200w 160g > 180w 120G also siege towers can now hop over 2 layers of palisade wall stone walls are still 1 layer

Khmer : lose thumbring
Lithuanians : skirms and spearman move 5/10/15% in feudal castle imp

Byzantines : Greekfire will become a base bonus starting castle age New castle tech Increase the blast radius and damage of demo ships.

Berbers :ships move 10/20 % faster Feudal/Imp

Spanish: In addition that blacksmith upgrades cost no gold dock upgrades also cost no gold

Saracens : The commodity trading fee is 15/5 in feudal/castle. the galley line also benefit from the archer bonus

some changes i have in mind its mostly for water because i think the water meta needs some love

1 Like

Inca change leaked

2 Likes