Prevention of "Quickwalling"

Walling has been nerfed enough as is. No need to nerf it anymore.

2 Likes

games strive to be believableā€¦ than you should play with red blue and green dots triangles and squares you dont need any realistic graphic for a game to be playable. might be even more visually pleasing for you

Well why donā€™t the majority then make games? its always a few ppl do and think off what masses enjoy. Someone must make a change to try sth new. ppl so affraid of change.

Thats the only thing about aoe2 that isnt believable?

Its a game. With inherent limitations.

Do you complain about archers with unlimited ammo?

Do tou complain that your people work basically non stop without eating, breaks or rest?
Do you complain that population limits exist?
Do you complain that gold and stone mines just lay randomly around on the ground instead of being actual mines?
Do you complain about unmanned siege?

5 Likes

Far from it. People just dont like change without good reason for it.

5 Likes

And you have a good reason?

I dont think quickwalling needs changes. Walling has already been nerfed.

At best i would reduce building armor IF IT WAS NECESSARY.
but i dont see it as a problem right now.

If anything you nerf walling more and men at arms into archers becomes even more busted.

N2m knights in castle age become stronger.

1 Like

Not even close, but itā€™s a step in the right direction.

Nah. Its a step in the wrong direction. Walling isnt problematic anymore. I see more small walls over full walls now. Just not worth full walling

2 Likes

Easy fix. nerf knight meta thenā€¦

And how would you accomplish that?

just your opinion vs mine. no ā€œgood reasonā€

So it should be easy to show us examples of walling and stuff being problematic right? Since you think it needs nerfing AGAIN

yes negative 5 armor for foundation will be good enough

1 Like

Its not nerfingā€¦ its changing the way we look at foundations. you can make palisades stronger again if you like. just make em passable in first 50% of build time.

And thats not a nerf how? Please explain how the fact my melee units can easily go on an in progress building and ATTACK THE WORKERS is not a nerf.

2 Likes

You can build walls in advance and noone can pass to your workers if that is what you are affraid to happen. not only start building as units are 15 m away.

So you have to wall earlier.
Youre also more likely to fail with forward buildings and the like.

Definitely sounds like a nerf to me.

I see a forward castle going up, dosnt matter if my opponent has his villagers walled in because i can judt walk on the castle.

1 Like

Yes exactly you wont be able to send 15 unguarded vills to build a castle in front of my baseā€¦ unless i donā€™t see it

Yeah sounds like a nerf to me. You can lie all you want about it, but its distinctly a nerf.

wohaaaa what LIE did I just SAY? stop going PERSONAL man