Problems with the krakenmeister civ builder for anyone else?

Trying to upload new civs i had made. can’t seem to figure out what the problem is - i tried to redo the civs, use civs that used to work, put only vanilla civs in, and put only the new civs in and none of them worked. I just kept getting “error submitting mod! please verify your data and try again”

anyone having a similar issue? any fixes?

2 Likes

I’m getting the exact same problem myself. Nothing is wrong with the civbuilder website as far as I can tell, but publishing AoE mods is stupidly buggy. I’ve tried to publish both on the website and in-game and neither work. These bugs usually randomly go away after you wait, but it can be incredibly frustrating until then.

1 Like

oh so it sounds like the issue is more across all mods in general? not just with the civ builder stuff?

gotcha. thank you so much for your response. it’s nice to know that others are having the same problem and i am not alone lol

1 Like

The issue isn’t happening anymore! Woo!

Same! I guess it’s a server issue or something.

This civ builder is spamming the mod section of the game, I’m sure someone was or will continue with ddos spamming the servers y to stop that ■■■■.

1 Like

Someone know the owner of that site? This really need be stopped, like 800 pages of the mod page are just of this civ builder low quality entries, good entries are almost impossible to find more.

That’d be me.

I totally agree with you that the mod workshop needs to be fixed, but that doesn’t mean people making mods is a bad thing in and of itself. Hopefully this is a wake-up call for the developers of the mod workshop, not the other way around. If things start breaking when people ACTUALLY USE IT, that’s a bad sign. And I want to give as many people as possible the opportunity to mod so I’m not going to take it down.

3 Likes

Your tool is great it should be improved more and more.

why then don’t you host it on your own server.
I assume the mods don’t have to be hosted on MS’s servers to get loaded into the game. ?

these mods without description aren’t useful to any person outside of the one who marked the checkboxes.
Even if they were to carry a description, all that needs to deviate is one checkbox and the person will go off checking their own package.
People just create the two files, it’s dumped on here, and they walk away from it. And this is most apparent by the number of downloads these files get: 2-3, while mods, sandwiched between this spam, get downloads above that number.

As long as this mod gets its own section and is even excluded from the [All] tag, I obviously don’t care what happens to it.
If it were up to me though, I’d nuke this mod from this site.

The one thing I will give you, is that the entries carry their own thumbnail.

This is a great idea, and I’ve previously considered a civ sharing page for the individual .jsons which people can share, comment, and combine together how they see fit. However, 1. this is a lot of work and 2. this won’t actually offset the number of mods uploaded. You can currently upload all of the generated files to your local directory and it will work in-game, but unless you publish a mod to the XBox-Live-Microsoft-AgeofEmpires nebula, you won’t be able to play multiplayer with it. Now I’m sure plenty are fine with that, but that’s more an issue of getting people to understand how to get it working locally (and I can’t travel back in time and tell SOTL what instructions to put in his video).

But maybe you can reach out to him, and ask him to update it? I don’t see why he wouldn’t do that :slight_smile:

Also, thanks for making the tool. I think I’ve tried every broken civ combination I could ever think of 11

What you wrote is annoying.

1 Like