Profile icons of Spain

archaic are also the Spanish arquebusiers and they are not in the game

1 Like

Maybe they will be, britain didn’t have green jackets until recently despite them being an iconic unit, maybe when spain gets a revamp they might add them. Still with the focus of spain being hand infantry I doubt it.

1 Like

Unfortunately not every civ can do every strategy to a good level, ottoman or german FF will always be better than a brit FF. French water boom will never compete with a portuguese water boom. Many civs can’t do a FF as well as spain, where spain takes full advantage of it’s shipment progression.

Spain is far from a weak civ as it is, look at civs like haud for example, they don’t get artillery until age 4. Water start got nerfed, practically not any eco cards in the entire deck. Portugal got knocked down by CM nerf, nerf to tc build xp, nerf to starting food, nerf to schooners. Spains been relatively untouched apart from nerfs to the logistician and spanish gold(which they didn’t even have in legacy).

1 Like

Yo en cuanto al logista español y el oro español no me sentí nervioso con su nerf era esperable la verdad, aunque realmente me gustaría que España tuviera un carta que le diera un disparo cargado a los piqueros (de arcabuz) que les cambiaran sus guerrilleros a peseteros y tal que así, no cambios mucho en su economía (con respecto a hausa, mmm tendré que verlo ya que no soy mucho de hacer ff y rush soy mas defensivo o de llevar acabo una contraofensiva después de un Rush potente pero igual, mas que querer pelear, por iconos o chorradas de esas yo solo quiero que España tenga un par de cosas como esas o una carta que se llame leyes de burgos, que permita entrenar indígenas en las barracas, sin necesidad de un tp (claro primero tendrås que construir el tp en el emplazamiento o si no no funciona y el numero de indígenas entrenables aumenta en 5) y yo creo que con eso España estaría completo.

3 Likes

Estoy de acuerdo. Lo de el ataque de arcabuz sería una mecånica muy interesante para los piqueros mediante alguna carta de segunda ya que los arcabuces deberían ser de early game y también darían un rush a los españoles que no tienen.

Yo tampoco pido mejoras econĂłmicas.
Y alomejor una nueva unidad serĂ­a mucho pedir aunque bueno, los arcabuceros chinos ya estĂĄn creados, solo serĂ­a cambiarles la skin.

Pero con una mejora para musk o skirm serĂ­a suficiente.

2 Likes

Spain has no profile icons, and it is strange with ichonic units like lancer or rod

I’m not sure, but I think that in all the historical battles it appears as an enemy and never as usable. (And also the civ that appears the most times as an opponent). It’s also rare

5 Likes

en la campaña 1 aparecen como enemigos salen como en 3 o 4 batallas históricas no me acuerdo realmente el numero como enemigos, y en ninguna como civ jugable, en la campaña de chayton salen como mineros en pleno siglo XIX cuando ellos ya ni siquiera estaban en américa continental, y en la campaña de amelia, pintan a cuba como una colonia del osario sin siquiera defenderse o sin siquiera tener apoyo de España, pero para mi eso me da igual, solo quiero que España no sea pésima en el juego (sobre todo por que todo eso que dije ya no se puede cambiar).

2 Likes

FI nerfed (strat bows+pikes)

Gold spanish nerfed (the spanish “eco”)

Logistics nerfed (rush)

In the end the strategies are reduced again to the aggressive and timed ff of always. With some chance of rev. to Chile or to use the anointing.

Although it may not seem like it, it is a difficult civ to use competitively. Requires micro of many units (including missionaries with unction), get perfect times to take advantage of the bonus, high use of cac units.

I consider that Spain in the right hands is a level A.

But I also think it deserves some versatility

3 Likes

Add a shoot for pikes in a card like insurgents mexicans.

A perfect candidate would be: Tactics of the Tercios
(age II) convert pikes to rods.

Improving the pikemen kills several birds with one stone, it would allow:

• Have a more realistic tercios,
    which uses pike and arquebus.

• Opens up more rush possibilities.

• Improved FI pikes
 strat.

• Not always being relegated by the rods.

• Recover your importance as a pikeman upgradable to the maximum.

• Power the use of archaic infantry of Spain.

Although we do not have a new unit, I would expect them to add these existing units with Iberian designs:

Add a conquerors shipment. (ageIII)

Add a cannoners shipment (but most probably only for Portuguese).

3 Likes

Creo que deberĂ­amos regresar al tema original, Lo mas apropiado seria que los iconos del rodelero y el piquero los terminen dando en algĂșn evento.

En mi opiniĂłn me gustarĂ­a que pudiĂ©ramos obtener como iconos de perfil a los lideres originales de las revoluciones y sus unidades Ășnicas.

Ejemplo: San MartĂ­n, Gaucho, Granadero Montado y el Revolucionario.

PD: ¿Qué icono de perfil agregarían ustedes? y ¿con un evento o sin evento?

2 Likes

Mmm
mmmm ostras bueno creo que el icono de los hĂșsares de la muerte, o el de jose miguel carrera y el de Manuel rodrĂ­guez

3 Likes

To start, the iconic units:

Rod, lancer, conqueror, cannoneer, tercio, Delgado.

2 Likes

maldiciĂłn! delgado es verdad, ostras estarĂ­a piola como foto de perfil.

2 Likes

5 Likes

@Nevonidas
SerĂ­a perfecto usar la carta tĂĄcticas de tercio para eso, me parece buena idea en general.

@Konahrik1140
Lo increĂ­ble es que los iconos de pikes y rods ya estaban en el TAD y no los han traspasado al DE. Espero que tengas razĂłn y hayan decidido esperarse para agregarlos en algĂșn evento.

@StatelyPlayer64
Si, en mínimo tres batallas históricas los españoles son los malos, como siempre.
Lo peor sin duda es el compendio de España, lo habéis leído?

Yo había pensado a Delgado como una skin para el explorador

3 Likes

I hope that with the Spain rework they add the missing profile icons

2 Likes

I also hope they correct the historical section, I feel doubly offended by the negative connotation given to Hispanics and Catholics.
By the way in the first campaign, Morgan Black faces Turks, pirates and the circle, to all these enemies he gives an honorable treatment, but when the opponent is the Spaniard, he simply calls them dogs.

4 Likes

Well he was scottish and the brits hated spain.

4 Likes

The Spanish conquest of the Aztecs was hundreds of years ago. At this point can’t we just appreciate them as villains of history without taking offense from a modern day standpoint? Obviously modern Spanish aren’t guilty for the sins of their fathers let alone Spanish conquistadors from a time where the spoken Spanish was probably barely intelligible to modern speakers.

2 Likes

And what does that have to do with disrespect?

1 Like