PUP contains files for an "Age Pass" with seasons and unlockable items

Just another reason to praise AoEO over every other game in the series :wink:

1 Like

the QOL features already ported to HD? they have added a bunch of stuff that DE introduced, and graphics out of all of them are ported the quickest.

besides, its the mod and custom players thats going to likely move, and in mod you can add features better than just simple QoL stuff.

Afaik the last update to HD was in 2018 and the only common QOL feature both have in common is Attack Move.

there was another one by the community to add in tatar’s hill bonus, keshik’s gold generation (which is extended to all other resource generation, ie. foragers generate wood, farmer generate gold, stone miner generate gold etc), lith relic bonus and several others.

You mean the Wololo Kingdoms mod for Voobly.

can’t recall but i think something like that. there was also this one guy who solo’d UP up until 1.5, literally one guy removing bugs and improving the game. someone can probably eventually take it over and add features. iirc DE chooses to build off of UP 1.3, so if DE can add these features HD surely can, they are very much the same engine afterall.

What about shift queue and lag?

1 Like

I have no clue but I dont see how they will be unable to add that in. again same engine.

imo its pointless to talk about those things. its as if because we are lacking QoL they forcing this garbage thing onto the community. forcing might be a big word, but thats only for at first, which all these kinds gradually becomes worse, way worse. even if the people behind it have good intention, once the IP passes hand to monetization its literally going down hill all over.

best to just not have any of that nonsense on this classic game.

3 Likes

it also may be that aoe 4 wasnt very profitable as their expectation so now they are using aoe 2 AGAIN (counting aoe 2 de and hd ones) to cover some loses

1 Like

no doubt thats a huge reason. so they failed at monetizing AOE4 now coming after AOE2. should have just make a great game from the start instead of cutting corners. and then trying to save it by dumping money into tournaments. people will flock to great things in general regardless of money, but the opposite will only happen if theres money. no money + low quality game = nothing at all

1 Like

yup they just realised that aoe 2 players are only profitable only on aoe 2 after 3 flop/ deceptions (aoe 3, aoeo and aoe 4). Its a trend that every true veteran aoe fan recognize but dunno why they took so long

If I was to guess, I’d say its the people behind management/direction aren’t players (high high management) and even if they are, mostly just very casual type.

im sure we all have come across tools/processes etc that we use and realizes instantly how inefficient some of them are. likely because the people making them/involved aren’t the one who actually uses them.

if they aren’t affected (management people) they won’t care. money is all they see afterall

1 Like

AoEO was ahead of its time. It is 2023, and the series still hasn’t caught up.

2 Likes

YES!

Usually the stand of pro-players and content creators because they make their bread and butter from the game.

Agreed

Do they? How about the word filter?

Exactly!

Same

They pissed me off big time with the word filter and the system of banning people. I was considering boycotting the gam right then and there but aoe2 is too good… but if they push it, I just might

As it is AoE4 was a fail. AoE1 DE didn’t go great. AoE3 DE was OK.

AoE2 is main game in the series. If they’re hellbent on ruining it, it might be boycott.

They showed us that they don’t care. The word filter is the ultimate example of that. Nobody was asked but it was just implemented without even mentioning it in the patch notes… and made mandatory for everyone.

They’ll bring it to a point where nobody has a reason to play the game except maybe the pro players… and those guys won’t leave because they make their bread and butter from the game.

3 Likes

The fact that you seem upset about this, is it because you were being randomly censored for literally nothing wrong, or was it more legitimate and you just didn’t like it?

2 Likes

“The only reason you dislike the filter is because you want to abuse people!” Dude I had an recent example of an Arena Team game were I was trying to Castle drop my opposite number and I was requesting help from my pocket who had some scouts with “Have your military be near my villagers (insert player colour)” and it censored “be near” because it assumed I was trying to slur Mexicans. I’ve had other examples of the censors screwing up Team communication or atleast just being stupid, and I assume literally every active player has. A very large portion of the playerbase are adults who can understand atleast context, if not some joking swears or even salt, why can’t we disable it for ourselves?

1 Like

I didn’t say that was the only reason. If you reread my post:

I’m well aware that it can legitimately censor stuff.

Nice cutting out select parts of your statement

You are loading the question by directly implying that the reason he seems upset about the censor, is that the censor stops him from abusing people ingame. Don’t be a nasty person like that

2 Likes

Yes, but there is a reason for that. Maybe it’s just me, but the tone of the post is what made me write mine in such a way.

This for example, if they are annoyed with both of these, it suggests they have had experience with it, which would then mean that either A) they get randomly censored a lot and also drop a fair few games due to technical issues, or B) they are more inclined to be toxic in chat and Alt-f4. Most times I’ve seen people complain about the chat filter’s ridiculous tendencies, they seem to like venting about some of the really stupid words it has banned, so not doing that already makes me more inclined to assume they know they are the reason for it.

So maybe I’m reading far too much between the lines, but that’s my reasoning.

1 Like

Reminder that Microsoft is a Multi Billion Dollar Company, who makes less than 10% of revenue from their Gaming Branch, over 90% revenue comes from other parts with more than 50% coming from Infrastructure, Windows OS and Office Software.

This is also most likely not coming from the devs itself but they are forced to find ways by Microsoft to implement monetization options because the Activision/Blizzard Acquisition deal Lawsuit is eating resources, so they try to milk all their unmilked Avenues.