Queue Dodging Timeout Feedback

soloq team games are imposible to play, there is someone always resigning or waiting to min 5 to resign. Not only that i get banned 2 or 3 times cuz i didnt know that i couldnt resign after a teammate resign unless its minute 5.

1 Like

This update has increased the level of enjoyment of this game so much. my team buddies and me were since release waiting for this feature. Having to waste your time to search again and again because of some player´s egoistic “Every body has to play the map that I(!) like” was pure frustration.

I so far didnt buy any of the two addons BECAUSE the devs so far did nothing to prevent dodging. Now I can finally buy the addons with a good feeling…given the dodge-ban isnt revoked.

8 Likes

Oh really? I’d be interested to hear about your experiences of getting the refund, if you made the request as a direct result after this update.

1 Like

im also wondering this, how long until my penalties reset, or do they even reset? is it really fair if i am a streamer and play every day all day and then all of the sudden my game crashes and i get penalties faster than any normal player?
so what do i have to do, i guess i have to make a smurf or something to keep playing. Why are there no details on how long my bans will be and if they will ever reset. if i have to wait over 20 hours every time my game crashes to play again i will never play this game again.

2 Likes

Yes, the fact that they at least address the issue is already such a great step in my opinion. I’ve wasted so much time waiting for games thanks to alt+f4 people. I haven’t been able to play that much yet since the last update, so I’m curious to see as to what extend the new complaints about early resigns are warranted. If so, then that should certainly also be dealt with somehow.

Of course, best case would be a solution that would think about their desires as well (ranked lobby system I suppose? unlimited bans if possible), but it’s honestly hard to sympathise with people that try and find loopholes to ruin the game for others.

3 Likes

There is not an organization that people gather and come to conclusion to alt+f4 just to make other people miserable, not hardly 1/3 or 1/4 of the community consists of toxic people, aoe community is one of the most respectful ones. Aoe community used to play on ranked lobbies, and current lobby system failed to get competitive games, hosts goes afk frequently, so many crashes going on, lots of smurf accounts, in other words it’s a complete mess. So people who wants to play arabia or arena only finds a way to get competitive games by alt+f4, in expanse of making other people (and themselves) wasting time. Alt+f4 isn’t the problem, it’s the symptom.You cannot solve a problem with try to fix the symptom.

In my opinion optimum way to fix this issue to create custom ranked lobbies for maps like arabia, arena, BF, land nomad. It shouldn’t be hard, because devs just announced that they will create a custom ranked lobby for DM soon, with this update.

8 Likes

Why cant you have 2 ranked systems? one for a lobby and one for a queue?

1 Like

Well it would mean that there should be an attendence in ranked lobbys whats with mmr? I mean you could set it differetly so its shown as ranked (lobby) and also i think maybe then people might still lobbys mostly ranked but the main ranked queue would be free for their intention to be a meassured value of mmr depending on the maps you play and probably free of people that alt f4 eventho im not sure if we should keep the favor and ban mechanic for it

The game is worse than ever. Now I am forced to play garbage maps. I will never play Nomad (or I do twice a month), MegaRandom, Islands and Hill Fort. The latter 3 are just gimmicky shi.t, while Nomad is not my favorite. Lets just change how the game was played for 20 years and ruin the fun of everyone who is not the part of the minority of players that enjoy playing trash maps. I mean, this is how democracy works, isn’t it? People play games for fun, not for Water Maps with 3 random teammates with 40% winrate. Now, I just delete my TC, Villagers and Scout and search for a new game. Who cares about TG Elo? It is already inaccurate and ruined by smurfs and boosted players.

And why on the earth would you restrict players from 1v1s if they resign early? I always resign when I get lamed or mess up somehow.

6 Likes

This is the most retarded change the devs have EVER made.

Let me tell you WHY:

I get matched with players in average with 1500 points (!) less than me. If you ever played this game you know that this will be a complete waste of time. If I win I get +0 points and it’s a complete noob bash. So now I am FORCED to play these kind of matches? Great idea guys!

Seriously why dont you fix the real issue of the idiots abusing the “new” rating system? Just look at AoE2.net and all the top 25 players are just point-cheating by playing with ppl who have such low rating that they started dropping to MINUS RATING (yes I am not kidding, look at AoE2.net who is playing as a 4’500 rating with - (!)150 points players just to farm some noobs which completely breaks the system). Just look at this clown AoE2.net resigning 100 games to get this minus rating just to boost the other guy.

With the old rating system the guy who abused the system could basically not play anymore becuase no matter what game he played he would never gain any more points because there is no other player who is EVEN CLOSE to his rating (because he has been abusing the system for more than half a year now…).

So now you are just punishing people who DONT WANT TO NOOBBASH. It’s not even about the (stupid) maps.

Over and out, cheers.

5 Likes

Then go blame the dev for not implementing the map exclusive lobby and the slow search time LMAO.
I rarely play PVP, but I am sympathetic towards those players who want to play Arabia only.
Thanks for letting me know that there is a good way to prank others by quitting the team game early now, lol. You quit early and you get ban? What kind of tyranny system is this, lol.

2 Likes

what makes you so sure about players playing maps other than you being a minority?

I must say, Reddit, Aoezone and here are all on fire due to this fix lets be honest
I stopped playing TGs and came back to 1v1, more fun and actually want to get better at this game.
I just hope there’s a better solution to this because this fix isn’t enough.

1 Like

How are players penalized for network disconnect rather than actual intent. Lost Multiplayer services comes and then you are banned for 1 hour.

1 Like

1v1’s before the fix was a amazing. i was playing every day and had gotten over 2k games in 1v1s. now i need to quit ranked entirely until they revert this change or grant infinite map bans. i hold out hope that this terrible mistake will be rectified and will just play campaigns in the meantime

1 Like

Hmm, this system does seem flawed. I just gg’d about 4 mins into a socotra game where the opponent managed to snag both elephants. No Alt+F4, no map dodging, no hard feelings, but with a difference of 700 food on a tiny aggressive map, that game was clearly over. No reason to play until the last villager and hide in corners. Slapped with a 10 minute penalty :unamused:

10 Likes

I just got a 30-minute ban because i ALT+F4’ed to get out of an ever-lasting “creating connection” in the queue… The system is terrible.

9 Likes

Just my point of view. I play TG only with certain friend twice a week, total about 3 hours. We enjoy few maps but not all.
My time is limited and precious and so is for others. If i am forced to play maps that i do not wish to play, i just stop playing aoe2. Thats it.

The current solution is to punish people who did not want to play certain aspects of the game they PAYED for. This is a 20 year old game and now players are forced to play in the way they do not enjoy.

The solution was never to ban people but to allow them to pick the maps they want to play even if their waiting time for 20+ minutes. That is their decision to wait that long. Back on voobly we waited 45 mins and that was our choice.

This current system will drive and shrink the player base even more. Please don’t punish your customers who already were unhappy with the old system where they did not enjoy the map pool. Either separate the major maps by their own category or allow more bans.

Thanks.

7 Likes

I do think that the system is a welcome change. The prior situation was untenable, because the behavior of dodgers was - still is - toxic behavior. I’ve seen countless people defending the practice but interestingly these defences invariably involve their own point of view and interests only. At no point are the interests of the people you dodge considered. So if you were complaining that you get timed out because you resigned early into a game because didn’t like playing on that map, the system works properly.

That said this should not be the end of the changes. For one, the banning-system clearly needs fine-tuning, to avoid penalizing people for having internet or hardware-related issues, for people resigning “early” in TG while in fact it was their team mate who actually quit too soon, and other cases in which the person in question wasn’t dodging but got penalized anyways. That has to be fixed and I hope the devs will watch this thread to pick out those genuine oversights (which are tough to anticipate when implementing a new system, granted).

Secondly, the root of the problem needs addressing as well. Though I hardly agree with dodgers on anything, we do agree that alt-f4ing is not the root cause of the problem (despite it being individual choice; nobody forces the dodger to dodge but himself). The current issues with multiplayer, smurfing and the map system foremost, should be addressed. There have been several threads on how to fix smurfing by addressing TG elo, so I won’t add anything there.

As for the map queue, ideally one-mappers would use the lobby system, since elo becomes distorted when you only play one map in ranked - it’s as meaningless as TG rating then. That was never what ranked was meant for. I do understand the reality of multiplayer, however, and that the lobby system isn’t evolved or popular enough to be viable. As such, I think implementing the idea of separate queues is the best idea. A queue for Arabia, a queue for Arena, and a queue for other maps, as was suggested in another thread (can’t remember whose it was). Yes, queue times would increase, but at the very least people would play the way they want at their own expense (them waiting) instead of at that of somebody else (dodging).

The way to progress here runs forwards, not back from where we came before the alt-f4 problem. Because that devil can’t be put back into the box.

2 Likes

But we have 70 % arabia or so anyways, cause it’s the least banned of all maps.

Why don’t we make one only arabia q? Then we can have a “proper” elo for mixed maps.

Current elo is 70 % arabia anyways, it’s not representative for a “mixed map” rating. I’d rather have an accurate mixed map rating than something that is proposed to be mixed map rating but is 70 % arabia in reality…