Queue Dodging Timeout Feedback

look this S H I T, iam 1300 elo and 2500…

You are irresponsible administrators!!!

you kinda need to show your teams elo too

1 Like

no parameters, please no more apologies!

Seriously what is this crap? My team mate insta resigned and I resigned as well, resulting in a 30 minute ban. This is absolutely ridiculous. Totally not my fault and again got big timeout. I really wonder what morons work on this game, unbelievable

3 Likes

So after 13 days, this subject being the most active here, steam, reddit and even aoezone, for each “goodfix devs i love you” we have got 8 times more negative post(that your mods have been deleting), that by itself should be enough to remove the fix, or do you need more feedback to get to the same conclusion?

Lets go around the issues you created and their workarounds:

*False positives=no possible fix given that the game has had crashes and lost connections since release= too complicated to fix for the team in charge, i mean they have had 2 years for this and still the same.

*Punishing people for the actions of others= What were you thinking adding a 5 mins timer before anyone can resign without getting timed out, this is cumulative and people is resigning before playing unpleasant settings=not possible to fix cause you can’t really force players to waste their time which lead to the next issue, removing the 5 mins will make it easy to dodge.

*Longer queue times= Yes people is still dodging and the same players you could have played right now, they are waiting now until their timeout runs out= not having enough active players in the queue leads to more noob bashing and unfair matches, so congratulations, you just made things worse.

*Rank deflation=players are resigning early affecting the elo purpose and affecting others= possible fix going back to the grace period where people can resign without losing elo, but fixing this will make it dodging better.

*Smurfing= to jump the time restriction, using an alternative account fixes the issue= longer queue times causes unfair matches+awful maps causes more dodging which causes more alternative accounts=not possible to fix unless removing family sharing.

*Players leaving= i have my self stopped playing team games cause of this FIX, just to find out other users around my elo playing team games back at voobly=this might increase over time, so you better think how to keep your players.

Your fix has only helped premade teams to get less waiting time but sacrificing even more the quality of the games, so at the end you were just working for the groups that already had an advantage on your system controlling the maps and with better teamwork.

7 Likes

Just got a 6 minute timeout because someone dropped from the previous game?

Thanks devs, really not needed

3 Likes

It is natural for a human to express their disappointment with things as opposed to satisfaction. That is the reason why there seem to be overwhelmingly high proportion of negative feedback. Users who like the update just enjoy the game and much reduced queue waiting time and reduced early resign rate. They enjoy it and are not even aware of this discussion going on here.

My point is: even if the devs yield to all the whining of queue dodgers and lost-a-vil-to-a-boar-rage-quitters they should organize a quick and easily accessible poll to see where the real majority stands.

5 Likes

Looks like the most comments are not about “Getting-punished-for-dodging”.
The problem is getting 5 min time out or more because your teammate is quitting, having PC issues, a heart attack or a mower on fire in his garden.

It should not be the problem to give the time out just the first person leaving the game, not all teammates for not playing on wasting time (and ELO if this is important to someone).

1 Like

Honestly they had multiple instances where a fix resulted into more broken stuff, but its like trial and error and atleast there is an intend to fix things

Obviously the way they go is a wrong approach the 5 minutes might be cleverly thought out but the whole problems lays in the fact that like the grace period only the person who resigned first early should get punished and not the whole team. But with the 5 minutes they overthought the extend of people leaving after the first resigner put them in the same spot as the person who resigned first the idea isnt bad its just like i said the first person should be punished and the others should be excused if they lets say stick around a minute and then resign because i dont belive a 3v4 would be fair eventho its more of a lack of self confidence if the elo is “right” (not inflated) to try it

Yes but actually no since it depends how often a person dodged and if lets say i dident dodge and the dodger did 3 times allready i could queue without worries . The whole thing with noobbashing stemms from smurfing not a low playerbase rate

I think as some people said if They removed the family share option or lets say check ip for the other account this problem could be parshly solved i mean sure you can make another account but you would need to buy aoe2 again thats why i said “maybe” something with ip or location tracking could eventho yes i know vpns exist

Also as a quick controversy i know that the whole state of the 25% arabia or arena only players exist but see it like this the ranked ladder turns into what it supposed to be a rm competitive system that determines skill over various maps and if they fix lobbys and maybe make a ranked mode then there would be qn Option for the 25% too

1 Like

Agreed. That is a common problem. Additionally, mowers can be on fire in the garage or other people’s gardens. One possible solution, add taunt 106 “Need to pause for a minute: flaming mower.”

5 Likes

I mean what if they add it 106 " need a little break" communication wise its fair but other then that it would stop people from unpausing still

Hate this, is not only F4. It’s in any situation… half an hour of time out?
Super dumb move.

3 Likes

This is awfully implemented. The game crashes after matchmaking several times. This is how AOE 2 has been from the outset. We are still loyal to this 20+ year old franchise and overlook the quality. Now penalizing us for evasion isn’t great. If you really want to penalize can you guarantee against crash?
Pretty disappointed with this.

2 Likes

I GET 30 MINUTE QUEUE BAN WHEN I RESIGN IN NOMAD TEAM GAME

WTF IS THIS ■■■■

INCOMPETENT PROJECT MANAGER

WISH I COULD RETURN GAME

1 Like

Yea, I was just avoiding this thread because I knew it was just a lot of negativity and I overall like the changes. And my clan has felt it has overall helped to get games quicker. I understand team game issues with random teams, but you could have a team of players who know each other who then take turns leaving the game early so they don’t all get punished.

If there is a true emergency or computer issue, that shouldn’t be very common and people rarely getting punished for these issues to fix the greater problem is perfectly fine… and for the person who has the problem, a time out should be the least of that player’s worries.

5 Likes

I have been playing 3v3 and 4v4 either queueing solo or with a friend and it has been fantastic. I don’t think this fix is perfect (I’d still like to see Arabia and Arena only queues) but it has dramatically improved the team game experience.

The problem is that it was implemented in a very basic manner. The ideal situation for timeouts would be first of all disclude 1v1s–sometimes the game can end before 5 minutes; I have seen this happen to several streamers. The condition for timeouts for other team members should be contingent on whether they formed a stack or not. So, either before the game starts, or in the 5 minute window, the preformed group should receive the timeout, and if there are brave souls who jump in solo queue, they should not be punished–I don’t even think they should lose elo. People are rightfully bringing up bystander casualties here. They aren’t fringe cases. Game freezing and kicking you out is technically fringe. Unfortunately, the devs haven’t come up with the arcane technology of being able to rejoin–I admit, probably harder than it seems. It was a big deal that it made it into starcraft 2. If you keep having crashes, best to update the graphics card, verify cache, yada yada. Anyway, always interesting to read these threads. I for my part think it’s going fine otherwise. People will always complain about the map pool, despite the fact that the people who spend the most time here also have access to the polls to vote the favourite maps. Maybe I have stumbled upon the actual cause of the symptom of dodging. Hard to say.

1 Like

Prior to change:
3-4 min queue x 3 - 4 attempts spoiled by Alt F4 total about 10-12 min to get into team games.

After change:
pretty much always first queue goes through, about 3-4 minutes to get into team games.

Clear improvement in my book based on my personal experiences, and I’m grateful to the devs for at least getting the ball rolling. Still work to do working out kinks, but I’m glad they did something that improved my experience. ((benefit for non alt F4 players at the expense of alt F4 players, which is the opposite of what was happening == Alt F4 players were hurting other players for a Long time without knowing just how bad they were hurting others))

8 Likes

i before we effectivly had infinite map bans in a janky sort of way. if you didnt ban maps you would never get altf4ed the more you banned maps the longer your que time is. now they just removed all that and made players who want to trade que times for map selection need to wait 20 hours between every que. combined with all the other altf4ers this is a net increase in que times so this update is net negative for the whole comunity

1 Like

It didn’t work that way at all. If you never banned anything all it took was 1 player out of 8 to alt F4 and it ruined it. I got alt-f4d routinely despite never banning anything. So much that I quit team RM and only played empire wars. Now team RM is viable again.

Also people who get 20 hour bans deserve it 100%. Their plight should not be the concern of the community.

2 Likes