Quick Play ignoring banned maps

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 42848
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

When playing a team game via Quick Play in either Random Map or Empire Wars, my list of banned maps seems to be disregarded. I have, on multiple occasions, had a banned map be the one selected.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

Frequent. It seems like if it doesn’t occur, it’s just a coincidence that it happened to pick a map that I hadn’t banned, rather than being because it was not banned.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Create a party in Quick Play
  2. Ban the maximum of 4 maps
  3. Queue
  4. Sometimes have a banned map be the one you match on

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

N/A

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

5 Likes

Favorite and banned maps don’t seem to work very well in Quick Play. See also: Favorite map not saved between sessions in Quick Play

Just to decide if these issues might be related, did you ban the maps for this particular game or were they banned in the previous game as well? I have the impression the selections are not properly saved between games.

I’ve had the same issue. It was banned before and after the match.

As you can see in the attached video recording of this incident, Black Forest was a banned map for this particular time queuing, despite showing up as the matched map.

Yes, I see. It is definitely a bug. But I was wondering if you had the same maps banned in a previous game, and maybe the game failed to use that list for this game as well. I’ve seen issues where map picks were not applied to new games automatically.

How did you end up with a maximum of 4 bans?!
Normally you have at most 2 bans (for 2v2, or just 1 for 3v3 or 4v4).

Or can you see all bans of your team if you sign up as premade?

If you invite other users to your party, the party leader can select 4 bans.

Happened to me, today. The map Michi was banned before the match, but it came up. I checked again after the end of the match, was banned indeed.

How do you check which map you have banned after the end of the match?

You can’t specifically see at/after the end of the match, which maps you had banned. But, since your ban selections are being saved between games, you just go and see what map is already banned.

1 Like

This bug is still around. It happens occasionally. I had MegaRandom banned but it appeared (and it wasn’t a fun experience).

At least tell us if this is a feature in order to speed up the matchmaking in rare cases or something…