Ranked Game Rules

Welcome on this forum!

This point is already discussed multiple times on this forum. Summarizing your points:

1. You want pick map, not random map for a pool (with some bans).
  2. You want random civ.

Map choice

There are really two schools of thoughts for this one:

1. They love the change
  2. They hate the change

It seem like you are part of the ‘They hate the change’. I am part of ‘They love the change’. In another thread i already posted a motivation for why i love the change. I will quote me own post:

For some more context about this post: The original post is in this thread: Aoe 2 DE 1 min Resign for no point loss - #8 by PacificWheel208

You said you wanna learn other feelings, so here you have my feelings. I hope you understand my reasoning behind the feelings.

Civ choice

Again, some might love the change, some hate it. For this case i am on your side. I would love to have random civ match up. There is already posted some suggestions for this. I do hope the devs will listen. The best option i have seen is to have a option in the ranked queue where you say you will play picked civ matchups, random civ match ups or dont have a preference. So match making will use that setting to find the right opponent. I would love if such thing will be implemented to the game. I also get a bit tired of seeing the same civ over and over again (and dont see other civs).

2 Likes