Rare bug where castles can be built upon each other

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 43210
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

Castles can be built upon each other.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

Haven’t encountered it myself.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Castles shouldn’t be buildable upon each other.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

3 Likes

This works with any larger buildings (tested in scenario editor). It works, when the villager can build your building while having the opponents building only partially in line of sight. When the op. building is completely out of LOS but visible in the fog, you can’t place your building on top. If the overlap is such, that the op. building comes completely in your LOS then you cant build it. In the sweet spot in the middle you can place the building and then build it.

2 Likes

Thanks for giving more details. It just bothered me that this issue was posted on Reddit without getting a proper thread here where it actually helps.

I wonder if this is the same bug as Building town center over existing foundation that is out of LOS

2 Likes

This is probably the same bug.

Thank you for the note! The team is working on a fix for the next Hotfix, and will be interested to hear whether you continue to experience this behavior after its release. Stay tuned and let us know!