REALLY nice screenshots of aoe4!

Ahhh prety! :smiley:

Edit: guys dont complain :frowning: , just apreciate the good things to the game :smiley:

Oh yeah i did a full topic with 4K pictures and more cool things!
https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/more-nice-screenshots-of-aoe4-d-apreciation-post/

26 Likes

Really pretty. Can’t wait to play it.

7 Likes

The last picture looks interesting. In the north you can see a port, but what is it on the left? A floating village centre?

2 Likes

A trade centre, like the chinese one in the trailers?

1 Like

Or a Landmark Specifically for Sea Defense

1 Like

Even tho the pictures are nice, i’m really worried about unit/buildings scale in the game

7 Likes

Hello

Well, it doesn’t look bad :).
If the game will look like this, I won’t be angry :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What do you think is bad? It look REALLY nice dude , is like X019

Hmmm yeah but i dont think is a thing to worry about, in the beta , the beta testes will spam the devs to change the scale , i think xD

2 Likes

I hope so too :laughing:

They (devs) say that arrows are fixed now, maybe they will modify scale is too

3 Likes

For me scale is subjective but yeah that small details make a game really better

1 Like

probably will look cool on 4K monitor (which i dont have) and max graphics settings

The strong potential of the game makes its flaws even more unbearable!

4 Likes

21:11
The shape of the building the same

The artstyle isn’t bad and the building architecture looks good. But proportions, units don’t look good and terrain is undetailed sometimes. I know gameplay is months old, but at least these pictures look mediocre compared to other games like Aoe3 DE imo. Here’s a picture from Aoe3 DE as comparison.

14 Likes

Yea yea yea, we have already graphic discussion, This is a apreciation post not a complain one.

You started the graphics discussion

5 Likes

This is not a graphics discussion, this is a apreciation post xD

Yeah, it looks fine, but there are two issues: 1) you can’t tell at a glance what a lot of those unit types are (infantry marching in columns are hard to distinguish) and 2) I don’t want the US in an AoE game.

I think AoE 4’s GFX look fine, and they will only improve by the time it launches. I think Relic are right to emphasize unit readability.

2 Likes

Yeah, but readability is only about proportions and saturation and Aoe3 also looks more realistic from details perspective. But okay, I accept this is an appreciation thread :slight_smile:

6 Likes