REALLY nice screenshots of aoe4!

What? Who are you talking about my friend? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It is not a myth when you need to march for hundreds or thousands of miles. The Europeans fought by gathering a single large heavily armored army to finish their enemies. The Mongols for example, a relatively light armored army avoided facing such an army. Instead, they divided their army and raided or pillaged, or even take control of lightly defended crucial locations. This forces any single large heavily armored army to divide. Once they are sent to different locations, the Mongols would use their mobility to regroup and gather their army and attack the divided armies one by one. History has proven it is the most advanced military strategy from the medieval to WW2 period.

1 Like

In the Ming Dynasty, the Chinese people had replaced the traditional metal armor with special cotton armor. Because of the emergence of firearms, the well-designed cotton armor was not only good in protection, but also light in weight, which made it easier for cavalry to quickly charge in front of the enemy when the firearms were changed for ammunition.

4 Likes

In the age of cold weapons, the Westerners seldom beat the Orientals. The easterners have rich experience in combat, much more war scenes and rich strategies.

1 Like

That is what I exactly said. I donā€™t know why u replying to me xD

1 Like

Probably it would change a littleā€¦ but is not a thing that you need to worry like that. In gameplay the scale is not that important. Aoe3 has the same scale (a little better IMO) but donā€™t worry my friend we will see :slight_smile:

AoE3 has a better scale. The wrong scale in AoE4 is something that stands out enormously just by looking at an image. I fully understand that the scale for some people is indifferent. But for people like me (we are not few) it is a detail that destroys the immersion.

I am afraid that ā€œchange a littleā€ is insufficient. After the presentation trailer, my interest in this game has plummeted.

2 Likes

No, no it was not.
In terms of Military and Transportation technology, Europe was at the forefront, even in the Low Middle Ages.

1500s Europe made 1500s Asia look positively outdated, and that is just 16th century.

2 Likes

That is fair , but you will agree with me that X019 proportions doesnā€™t feel like a age game , even is better than 2021 scale. We will see what they got. Inmmersion is important , that is for sure but you canā€™t sacrifice gameplay for immersion. Even if it could be better (that is for sure IMO) but yea

No, the 2021 game reveal doesnā€™t feel like an old game. It only looks like AoE 1. And please, letā€™s not talk as if destroying proportions is the only way to promote playability.

1 Like

Europe was outdated, their army was no match against Turks, Chinese and Arabic empires. China had the most modern weaponry until the 17th century. Europe got into 1st place when British Empire declared victory through the Opium war. Middle Eastern Turkic, Arabic, and Persian people were the leading by science. Europe was devastated by the Black Death in the 14th century and was devastated by it and caused them to slow down by at least 3 centuries. A simple example is the Golden Horde, they conquered half of Europe including Rus. Most paid tribute and sent auxiliary units until the 16th century. But the Strongest one is the Manchurians from the 17th to 19th century they were leading by science and technology until they were addicted to drugs which caused their authority to rot and devastate Chinese land.

Entirely myth. The First Crusade is proof alone that a small but highly motivated and advanced European army could beat much larger Turkic or Arabic armies.

Sorry, but teh ā€œilliterate Europeansā€ myth does not stand up to scrutiny. The issue with Europe was lack of centralized governance, which is why Europe absolutely dominated the whole world, when it developed centralized governement again, at the end of the period.

In terms of Military and Transportation technology, the Europeans were the cutting edge.

Yet conquered almost ALL of Asia, but only managed not even half of Europe, which was much smaller.

2 Likes

Smaller in land size, bigger in population. The Golden Horde were outnumbered but the Yuan Dynasty and Chagaatai did support them by sending experts and latest weapons etc to hold that region.

No, Asia had MUCH larger population numbers.

Golden Horde is not all of Asia. It is the part of the Mongol Empire that divided later. Which means it does not include much of Middle-East and China.

Yes because they wish to see change, if we are to pay for this game then we want the modern historical game to reach its potential , if you want a free to play mobile game then that is up to you, none of these people go onto mobile game sites and complain, we come to a game the we have extremely high hope and expectations for ,due to the quallaty of the prevevous games, so if this potential is not even close to being met and the devs expect us to pay for it then the community has all the right in the world to complain and voice their concerns.

Why would they releace a trailer and beta testing if they do not want to hear any negative feedback? If they wanted us just to say yes and amen ,SUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY, then they would have no need for any trailers nor beta, the game would just release and all would be forced to buy it. (Welcome to MOM CORP)

Then post it in the correct thread focused on complaints, when someone makes a thread for people who actually like it there is absolutely no reason to try and start arguments because you are ā€œvoicing your opinionā€ if that were true you would post it in the correct thread. In fact you have more chances of being seen if you post it in the correct thread, seeing as the two main complaint threads are pinned.
Btw, if you think this could run on mobile, then I completely understand why you think the way you do

1 Like

Anyone who thinks that is just way overexaggerating , nothing moreā€¦

1 Like

Then you only need to post it in the right post , not in a post who show beautiful screenshots.

First: we donā€™t want to play a free mobile game, that is why we have this conversation in this forum.

Second: yes , the people can complain but doesnā€™t have sense to do it in a thread to see prety screenshots of the game, so this is off topic.

Aoe4 since the X019 trailer was incredible hated so no big surprise the devs want some feedback to make the game better for the community. Make sense.

What? Every game has to have a beta or a test to determinate if the game is buggy or not. There is NO game without a beta.

Thatā€™s it, if you are not ok with me I will try to respond. My English is bad so maybe take me a bit of a time :slight_smile: