Recommended config revealed

hello there, I just saw that the recommended config has been revealed on the website here :

Recommended Requirements

• CPU: 3.6 GHz 6-core (Intel i5)
  • RAM: 16 GB
  • GPU: Nvidia Geforce 970 GPU
  • VRAM: 4GB
  • DirectX: Version 12

As expected, most config will run it which is cool !

7 Likes

I have a GTX960 and game ran fine with everything on low. I think they really tried to make the game accessible to everyone.

3 Likes

Will I be able to play it with integrated graphics card? I have a laptop and have already boight the game as previously it was mentioned that it will be playable with integrated graphics card

1 Like

Recommended is not the same as Minimum.

Minimum System Requirements

Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system.

• Processor: Intel Core i5-6300U
  • Memory: 8GB
  • Graphics: Intel HD 520
  • DirectX: Version 12

You have to have this to be able to run it.
Both Recommended and Minimum are likely not final though.
Minimum wants a quit powerful CPU but is ok with a mediocre GPU which happens to be the integrated one of that CPU.
Also no AMD hardware is listed anywhere, they’ll have to add that before release.

It seems the main limiting factor for GPU seems to be DirectX 12 support and not performance.

What you say makes sense. Here are my specs. Does this qualify as a good CPU with integrated graphics?

It is better than the minimal requirements.
Intel UHD 620 > Intel HD 520.

The easiest was to check is googleing your CPU/GPU plus “benchmark” and the same for the minimal or recommended one.

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/Intel-i5-6300U-vs-Intel-i7-8550U/2609vs3064

CPU Benchmark is a good comparison website, just their internal search is bad so it’s better to use google.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this with me.

Recommended means nothing though, it could mean running the game at low 60 fps, or medium 60 fps or high 60 fps, I don’t think it’s with everything in high though

Some companies do actually tell you what hardware you need for what resolution and settings to get 60FPS, that is really nice.
Steam still only have minimal and recommended though.

I think recommended should be:
60FPS on 1440p with high setting.
Something like 30FPS and 1080p is not acceptable as standard anymore. We have 2021 not 2011.

1080p 30FPS on low is minimal.

yeah but since Steam doesn’t enforce it we can’t really tell, we aren’t really sure what recommended fps mean :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t have the recommended ram but I am sure my rig will be fine :slight_smile:

I played the game during stress test.

Did not work that well on my laptop. I think it would work with a dedicated grpahics card.

Everything was a bit laggy and farms were very odd. They were constantly flickering in the game

Does the game work if my gpu has directX 12 with feature level support 11_0 ? (I have a gtx 950m)

Has anyone played the beta with feature level 11_0?

1 Like

Have the same question. Does AoE IV run on a GeForce GTX 950M, DirectX 12 (FL 11_0)?

Hi, I opened this thread which might be useful to you

1 Like