I reorganized my bug/request list from last year. I hope Microsoft will fix them.
- Eclipse doesn’t increase the crush attack of Petsuchos and the crush buck attack of War Turtle. It should maybe increase the Scarab Blood special attack as well.
- Vermilion Bird and Phoenix doesn’t do any damage against Nature buildings, such as Dam in the last TOTD Campaign Mission or Bandit Migdols on the Valley of the King map. Give an AttackGAIAbuildings option to Vermilion Bird Tornado and Phoenix, the exe already contains it, but proto hasn’t used it yet. It works, I tested. You may also give it to several attacks with already existing attackGaiaunits option.
- Spider Eggs have 2 pop cost, they increase the population by 8 for 5 seconds, it should be removed.
- “Titan Gate Dead” needs a Doppled flag, because it acts like buildings.
- “Temple Overgrown” needs a hidefromdetailhelp flag in order to remove it from in-game help train section.
- Hammer of the Gods, Meteoric Iron Mail and Dragonscale shields should have Iron Weapons, Iron Mail and Iron Shield (and Thor Civ) prerequeiments instead of Iron Weapons Thor etc in order to to save some space in the in-game help upgrades section and make it more consistent.
- Citadel Center: Divine Blood and Safeguard have wrong button positions, they have the same positions like other AGE1 techs (Vaults of Erebus, Eyes of the Forest). In Town Center they have correct button positions.
- Gather rate bugs related to Gaia Forest Tree:
Blue Crystal Shard relic doesn’t affect Gaia Forest Tree.
Book of Thoth, Adze of Wepwawet doesn’t affect Gaia Forest Tree.
Hand Axe, Bow Saw, Carpenters: Egyptian villager doesn’t receive +1% gathering rate from Gaia Forest Tree, unlike normal trees.
- Jiangshi leaves Scorpion Footprints despite of it floats above ground.
- The special attack of Bellerophon (and Polyphemus) have no bonus against Set animals, it does less damage than normal attack.
- Siege ships have a 3.2X bonus multiplier against Gates since Patch 2.1 without any rational reason. All of their projectiles hit the Gate actually.
- Khopesh of Horus relic doesn’t affect the attack of Son of Osiris and other special attacks (Bellerophon, Polyphemus etc)
- Gardens should have slightly smaller obstructionradius: 3.50
- City of the Dead tech doesn’t affect respawn time of the Secondary Pharaoh.
- Son of Osiris shouldn’t grant new Pharaoh, just like in the original game. (the Pharaoh Respawn should have have a prereq: Son of Osiris can’t be alive and the Secondary Pharaoh Respawn should have a prereq: maximum 1 “abstractpharaoh” can be alive)
- Conversion time modifiers in techtree should use WorkRate and MinWorkRate in the same time.
- Techtree recharge time modifiers (all of them) should use PERCENT instead of BASEPERCENT in order to avoid extreme values. (For example: Eclipse + Tail of Cerberus relic = Mummy has 5 recharge time. It will be 7.5, if there are PERCENT everywhere)
- Sistrum of Bast relic doesn’t affect the wood and gold cost of villagers (Dwarf, Atlantean Villager). It should use percent instead of basepercent, because Atlantean Villager hero with Heart of the Titans and Sistrum of Bast relic can have two different cost.
- Geyser should be invulnerable (they have no HP, but area attacks can kill them) and useless unittypes like LogicalTypeMythUnitNotTitan should be removed, they can cause bugs, for example a Titan can buck the Geyser away. It also solves a late-game visual bug, where the Geyser spray remains visible for the rest of the game, after Geyser dies during a buck attack animation.
- Uproots shouldn’t be affected by Masons and Architects, because they aren’t buildings. They are units in the proto like trees. Remove useless unittypes.
- Great Flood has 10 active time and 60 minimapevent time.
- Setna and Zhi have recharge time bar, but it does nothing.
- Jiao-Long has a functioning recharge time bar, but he hasn’t animation/model for any special attack, so it hasn’t real effect. It makes the fake impression of a special attack.
- The tooltip of Jiao-Long is false. You should use the tooltip number of General Melagius.
- Citadel Center has no food cost. Gold cost is also 400 for non-egyptian civs. It should has always the same cost like Town Center.
- Uproot should be in EmbellishmentClass in editor instead of UnitClass. It’s not a real unit.
- “Kraken SPC2” has wrong editorname: 50472 "Chinese Hero who… It hasn’t even animation file.
- “Qilin heal” has no displayname and therefore appears on the top of editor.
- Parrotambient and Eagleambient soundsets should have 0.25 volume in soundsets-xpack file, Duckambient should has 0.4. Only for soundset names, for sound file names it shouldn’t be changed. (Note: ambient sounds don’t work in test scenarios in editor) They are too loud currently.
- Atlantean male and female villagers have different wood choping (attack anim vs tree) animation lenghts. Female villager technically lose 1 gather rate (1second=2.73+)/Gaia tree. Female hero villagers after armory and age upgrades also lose 1 gather rate (1second=2.56+)/ normal tree. (Voobly patch 4.0 already fixed this.)
- Geyser should also work on heroes, siege weapons, set animals, shades of hades, golden lions, relic monkeys. Just use “LogicalTypeValidTremorAttack” and “Hero” for rate.
- There is no hotkey to train multiple White Tigers.
- The default hotkey to build Sky Passage doesn’t work, because the hero transformation has the same hotkey.
- Set animal conversion: Proto: Tiger - minrate missing, Techtree: Tiger - workrate should be 30, Lizard - workrate should be 60, Panda bear - workrate should be 60.
- Monstrous Rage doesn’t affect the buck attack of Titan.
- Immortals should use ranged attack against Fire Lances and hand attack against Sentinels with 96% pierce armor.
- The SPC version of Meteor (spcmeteor) needs a renderafterwater flag both in the 1.0 and 2.9 proto in order to fix the polygonal shadow issue. |Thanks for MaharajManSingh|
- Fire Lances need maxspread and spreadfactor params and Volleymode should be removed, it’s a param exclusively for units with multiple projectiles. Note: they look 100% accurate, but the oppenent doesn’t suffer damage more times, despite of all projectiles seem to be hit, they don’t.
- The bonus of Hades should affect the boiling oil attack as well. Tooltips say buildings have more attack and don’t differentiate ranged and boiling oil attacks.
- In the 1st TOTD mission the player can train only 2 Immortals in the Classical Age since patch 2.7. Fix: relocate the +2 Immortal build limit from “Heroes Age 1 Chinese” to “Age 1 Chinese” in the techtree. Note: build limit doesn’t affect the availability of the unit, Immortals still aren’t available without Temple.
- Chinese saved game problems: AVAILABLE tech status doesn’t affect newly gained techs in saved games. Chinese examples: A, Save a game in Archaic/Classical age and quit. You will no longer have access to siege weapons. B, Nuwa. Save the game in Archaic age and quit. You will have no longer access to Market in Classical age. C, Fuxi. Save the game in Archaic Age and quit. Your Immortal build limit will be 10 in Classical, 12 in Heroic and 14 in Mythic age. FIX: replace the AVAILABLE tech status with OBTAINABLE, where the tech has no immediete effect when the game starts. Video: Increase the Immortal build limit trick (Fu Xi) - YouTube
- Walking woods have no bounty resource.
- Town Center can be placed on a Settlement under construction once again and it brings back it’s cost. Video: AOM Free Town Center bug - YouTube Additional side effects:
It can cause a bug, when Town Centers can not be finished. Video: AOM Town Center can not be finished bug - YouTube
It can cause a bug, when the build rate of Town Centers is extremely slow for Town Centers. Video: AOM Slow Town Center construction bug - YouTube
- Petsuchos and every unit with lightning attacks (SoO, Man O War, Mirror Tower) are completely buggy in EE.
Petsuchos (SoO, Man O War and Mirror Tower) changes target after third shots despite of a direct order, it chooses the closest target. In Titans it keeps firing the original target.
It takes 378 seconds for a Petsuchos to destroy a Market in EE and 266 in TT. When player give them more direct orders in EE, this time improves. Petsuchos stops for a while after every shot in EE, in TT it doesn’t. (the interruption is less for the first 3 shots after a direct order)
Recharge time 0 has no negative effect, someone modified the hardcode.
- Exploit: unstarted building foundations are invisible to the enemy, but the Blessed Construction visual effect is already visible above them. Make it invisible above unstarted foundations.
- Phoenix Egg doesn’t appear, when Phoenix dies above any units or buildings. Phoenix Egg should avoid units/buildings after the Phoenix dies.
- Spider Eggs can appear on Farms, but when they turn into Spider Doors, die instantly. Spider Eggs should avoid Farms on placement.
- When I select Atlantean Villagers and Villager Heroes together and the first selected unit is a normal villager, the heroization button disappears. Other selected units doesn’t matter.
- Atlantean Citizens after heroization ignore their original work commands (farming, woodcutting, mining, building, repairing etc), when the destination is too far from them (more than 20 distance).
- Atlantean Citizens after heroization always ignore their original moving or attacking commands.
- Single Player doesn’t keep “No Titans” option from the last game. It erases after restart and players have to change it again and again.
- AI doesn’t create any Dryads since a Patch 2.8 exploit fix. Also check all similar exploit fixes.
- Villagers can’t repair Farms. They start to gather from Farms instead. However they can repair Greek Temples. In AOE2 they can repair Farms.
- Hades’ Shades ignore buildlimit, when the player has no Temple.
- Poseidon’s Militia always ignore buildlimit.
- Blessed Construction doesn’t work on multiple selected buildings.
- Mutedamage flag has no effect on Areaattack actions.
- Amphibious (War Salamander, Azure Dragon) and naval units don’t ignore already destroyed buildings on long range. This issue sometimes also results that they stuck somewhere. The issue affects only the long range pathing, when the distance is very small, they can go through ruins. Video: AOM Pathfinding bug (Azure Dragon and War Salamander) - YouTube
- Heka Giant dust (Heka Shockwave SFX in proto) and Geyser spray sometimes remain visible for the rest of the game, when they die during a buck attack. It’s a late-game only bug, can’t be reproduced in the editor. Vortex probably has a similar problem.
- Shennong’s Sitting Tiger and Fire Lance do significantly less damage against buildings under construction comapared to the Nuwa/Fuxi variants despite of they should be stronger.
- Monks can’t heal Automatons, Healing Springs can. LogicalTypeCanBeHealed makes them healable even if they are in pieces, it’s not a fix.
- It seems like pathfinding considers the two wall pieces of Gate passable at least partially. Video: AOM Pathfinding bug (Gate) - YouTube
- Caravans used to stop next to buildings. Video: AOM Pathfinding bug (Caravan) - YouTube
- Removed initial builder by Town Bell button can cause extremely slow build rates. This bug sometimes happens because of other similar actions as well, but only the Town Bell button provides reliable reproduction. Video: AOM Construction bug (Town Bell) - YouTube
- Units sometimes walk through walls and other buildings. Video: AOM Pathfinding bug (Walking through walls) - YouTube
- In the first TOTD campaign Villagers don’t start to work automatically on other Dam sections after they finish one.
- Omniscience has a negative effect on team mates. They lose all previously explored building locations. Video: AOM Omniscience bug - Allied players lose explorations - YouTube
- When a unit finishes a building, it doesn’t continue to build Town Centers automatically unless it’s queued.
- When the enemy tries to cast any god power unsuccessfully exactly in the moment of the destruction of an Isis Monument, the god power blocking effect and the Monument animation stucks permanently in-game. Video: AOM god power blocking stucks permanently (Isis) - YouTube
- Great Flood ignores the damage cap: Video: Great Flood kills 150 Toxotes - YouTube
- Naval units cause extremely high lag especially on large maps like the world map scenario: Steam Workshop::World Map Epic 15 (modified) Repro: order ships to move far away. |Thanks for IamJamesssssss.|
- UI doesn’t show active Caravans among gold gatherers.
- Fire Lance doesn’t have model for flail animation. It disappears because of a Tornado, Great Flood or Cyclops.
- The visual effects of the Chinese Titan attack animation uses the default attachpoint instead of hands (lightning) and foots (dust).
- The visual lightning effects of the attack animations of Titans sometimes appear on a wrong place.
- Hippocrates should use Theocrat models for relic carry animations with minor changes instead of Monk models, because Hippocrates models are actually Theocrat models with minor changes. Textures are fit to Theocrat model. Video: AOM Hippocrates bug - YouTube
- Myth unit birth effects should be always visible with or without gather point, like hero birth effects.
- Some textures still don’t seem to be rendered correctly with Patch 2.8.
Here is a comparison:
Here is another example:
|Thanks for JeHathor|
- Kastor (Adult) loses player color during attack animation.
- Shun uses the same animation for normal and special gore attack.
- Yaks controlled by Set has the same visual effect like Set’s wild animals despite of Yaks are herdables.
- The color of Water Lilly isn’t intense enough. They are almost invisible.
- Fish are not visible enough. |Thanks for IamJamesssssss.|
- Archaic and Classical Age Chinese Town Centers have no death animation models. They have an idle model with death file name.
- Trigger bug
Triggers in random maps only work for players 0-10 (0 = gaia)
This means players in the spot 11 / 12 won’t benefit from technologies granted through the script.
(In addition it would be a good feature to store and push basic map information like land / watermap
directly from the rm script to the AI)
Edit: The above could been done by inserting the following code into AoMXai
void watermap(int parm=-1)
void transport(int parm=-1)
With this every rm map script could call an AI Func
setting either “watermap” or “transport” for the AI.
This would be a great option for all custom maps not just randoms!
|Thanks for JeHathor|
- The Chinese AI players don’t use their godpowers correctly. Some simple changes would do the job.
Replace “cResourceGold” with “cResourceWood”
Replace “cPowerTsunami” with “cPowerYearOfTheGoat”
|Thanks for JeHathor|
- Pharaoh tries to put a relic to a Temple again and again. Video: AOM AI bug (relic) - YouTube
- Villagers sometimes build 10 Mining Camps for a Gold Mine. Video: AOM AI bug (Mining Camp) - YouTube
- Make it possible to modify accuracy, accuracyreductionfactor, buildingworkrate, researchpoints, populationcount and other stats via techtree.
- Introduce a flag, which enables Monks to convert units even without free pop space. Also introduce a ConvertAbovePopCap cfg command to exatctly define, how many units can be converted, when there are no free pop space. For example 100 pop cap, 10 ConvertAbovePopCap → Monks can convert until population is under 110.
- Introduce a flag, which enables attack bonuses against buildings under construction. (for Destroyer, Hetairoi, Scarab, Behemoth etc.)
- Introduce a flag, which enables Monks to convert flying units.
- Introduce a flag, which forces “damage per second” over “damage per hit” for units with area damage. (Shennong’s Sitting Tiger and Fire Lance doesn’t receive the +10% bonus damage from Engineers tech against Walls.)
- LogicalTypeAutoattackTargetsBuildings unittype has no effect without AbstractSiegeWeapon unittype.
- Make it possible to modify the minimum/maximum sell/buy cost via techtree.
- A mod with lower priority forces to load the file with identical name from the mod with higher priority one more time. See: Double loaded mod files
- Introduce a CFG command to define the standard favor limit (100 by default) and the favor limit of Zeus (200 by default).
- When the 4 god power slots are full, new god powers always overwrite the god power in the 4th slot regardless the power is already used or unused. They should overwrite the already used god powers instead. It would be very useful for mods and scenarios.
- Equivalent god powers shouldn’t take different slots. For example you have a Bolt power and gain one more Bolt power. They use 2 slots currently and one use disables both of them, so it doesn’t grant even a recharge. (Visually both of them turns red, when you used the second, when you used the first, second icon remains normal, but it doesn’t work anymore. They should look like after “DIVINE INTERVENTION” cheat code (with recharges).
- More than 1 granted god powers disable normal recharge times. Example: Grant 3 Gaia Forest powers, the player can use 3 powers immediately without any recharge, only the last consider recharges. It will be 6 god powers (2 without recharges and the last normally ), however it should be 12. (3*4 recharges).
- Disable Gaia’s Book of Knowledge and Titan’s Treasure relics, when “No Titans” option is active, because it makes them useless. Introduce a reversedwithouttitan="" param for the relic file.
- Make it possible to choose colors from the game menu.
- Make it possible to choose an AI instead of a human player for player 1 like in AOE2 HD (in Single Player).