Regional Pricing Issues

Tbf 50/60 EUR is a lot here in the EU too. Not sure where you’re from, but if you don’t eat out in restaurants and fast food joints, then that pays for your groceries (in terms of food) for a month. Not saying that it’s too high price or too low, just context for non-EU readers.

2 Likes

also, would 2 civs ( QUARTER of the base civs) be hat few for 15€? quarter of content, quarter of price, would fit. But we dont even knwo if tehre will be DLC for age 4 so that discussion is not necessary.

just because it has quarter of the civs doesn’t mean its going to be a quarter of the price. you got to remember that the base price of the game includes development of the engine and mechanics and rules of the game too. those all factor into the price.
so no, its not just “quarter of the civs, quarter of the content”.
did lords of the west have to develop the paladin when they gave it to burgundians? nope.

it appears to be to the fearmonger that is bigbossbro

1 Like

I just make sure that it is clear a current AAA game Costs that amount. Or actually for next gen consoles its rather 70/80 actually.

As A student, I ate basically cheese and toast only, and was able to get around with ca 50€ a month (Germany). However thats pretty unhealthy. So now I make weekly shopping sprees which go from around 20-50€ depending of what I need and want :wink: (so 200 a month)

I know germany is probably quite privleged here, So I do not juge if someone elsewhere in the EU thinks its too much. However the base price for new AAA games is currently 60-80€ or $. thats my point :wink:

it doesnt affect the user though, so its fair to assume the pricing will be made from the content. WHich it seems they also did for Age 2 DE

And yes, they need much less resourcers for that, but then again thats the point of DLC, getting more money from bonus content, which not everyone will buy.

I d say a dlc is only overpriced if it is not worth the cost in gameplay time. So if its haf the content, half the price is ok, as it means around half the gameplay time. Singleplayer related at least.

Ha, if you want I can PM you some low-cost healthier options. I think 70/80 is a ripoff and I would not buy any game at such a price. Especially with the current trend of shipping incomplete/bug ridden games, it’s almost certainly never worth the price.

I am living in a small neighbouring country to the West and can’t complain about groceries or games being too expensive personally, but a lot of people would agree with me that 70/80 is almost never worth it for a game.

1 Like

did they? in age 2 the DLC is 10$ for 2 civs. the game had 35 civs, which according to the base price would make each civ worth roughly 50 cents. but the DLC went for 10$, not 1$. so your logic isn’t very logical.

Age 2 DE did actually only add 4 civs compared to the Age2HD edition. it costs 20 Euro (or, with the age 2HD bonus, 15)
Then the new DLC gave 2 Civs and 3 campaigns for around half the base game price. Or 66% of the age 2HD Deal price.

So yes, its around fitting.

you cant add all the old civs as a factor here, only new ones. otherwise its no fair comparison to a new game

yes, of course, 70 for a base game is ridiculus, i am grateful I am PC player :smiley:

And I know there is space for optimization regarding health and money - but at least in germany I can safely assume that around 150-200€ a month should be around what you need to survive and not be malnutritioned or bored of eating.
Keep in mind we have a minimum wage of around 10€ per hour here, so thats 20h of work in a month.which still is fair^^

WHich is also why i think 60€ is an ok price, its 6 hours of work :wink: (which is also why I did order the collectors edition - I can afford it, but know others can not)

Yeah, I just wanted to give context that the pricing is pretty much the way it is because gaming is not a cheap hobby (if you want to keep with latest and newest games that is). Much like Germany, it is certainly possible to spend 150-200 EUR on a single grocery run here too, especially if you buy a lot of pre-made foods, imported/more exotic stuff, etc. I think the minimum wage is similar to Germany here, it’s like 80 EUR/day, but I actually can’t imagine how someone would survive on minimum wage lol, even if shopping very frugally, it won’t even cover rent xD

either way, i doubt the dlc will be 15$ for 2 civs and 1 campaign like bigbossbro is fearmongering about.

well , I dont know about working hours at your country, but in a month around 5 times 8 times 4 hours of work would be 1600€. then taxation takes a chunk out, lets say you would be at around 1200 regular working hours at minimum wage. Minus 200 for groceries etc, then lets say 150 for internet, water and energy. 850 left, its enough for a small 2 room rent apartment and some savings. but it certainly would be not easy :wink:

but I think we digress here a bit, back to topic

well as said, we dont even know if tehre will be dlc, so…

We will wait and see^^

There will be a content based on Indian subcontinent. It was an article not long ago. I dunno what else it means. If we get lets say 10 free civs or atleast something to cover up the price for 60$ then sure I have 0 problem to pay for it despite being over priced since this game has been a part of my childhood. With the current model and this Deluxe Edition… I don’t know what to say. I guess similar thing is thinking everyone people who aren’t just first world country.

its a part of your childhood. That makes me assume you didnt buy age 2/3 on release? because thats around what the 2 did cost aswell :slight_smile:

The minimum wage in Poland is approximately PLN 2,749.95 (approximately EUR 610) per month. I receive a monthly PLN 950 (210,85 Euro) scholarship. So the price of the standard version of AoE 4 is 23% of my scholarship. The price of this game clearly does not fit the Polish market - it’s damn high.

Hope you can take into account that this game is overpriced. Such prices have the biggest titles that attract crowds. Strategy games are less popular than FPS or RPGs, for example, so the price should be slightly lower. I think that the price should be in the range of 30-40 euro - then it would be more on the pocket of the Polish player.

I also think that there should be a package with a discount for owners of AoE DE games. It would be a nice gesture for fans of the series.

1 Like

As you say, its a normal AAA Game price. So i dont think they wil change that, but of course they might

The price of the Deluxe Edition of AoE IV is 3999, ridiculously exaggerating compared to the price of all other AOE in Argentina.
AoE DE Collection costs 40 USD
AoE IV Deluxe costs $ 80 USD
I mean double.
In Argentina AoE DE Collection It costs $ 672.75 ARS
While AoE IV DELUXE 3,999 ARS
WTF, AoE IV would have to be worth twice what the DE Collection is worth, that is, 672x2 = $ 1,344 ARS

I also saw similar problems in other LATAM countries, while there are cheaper currencies than if they were regionalized correctly, such as South Asia - USD or Kazakhstani Tenge, in short, a shame if this is going to stay like that and it is not a mistake , a lot of people are definitely not going to be willing to pay this for an RTS. Including me.

NOTE: Something similar happened with Age of Empires 3 DE, which was worth $ 1,799 ARS and a few hours later it was corrected to $ 299.99 ARS and AOE IV?

4 Likes

Dont cry. Game costs 60-80 euro here in Eastern europe too.

1 Like

Damn! Thats expensive… :confused: BTW whats that Valve Suggested price?