Release notes preview

Hey folks,

Check out the patch notes preview: Age of Empires IV - Season Seven Update Preview 10.0.576 - Age of Empires

8 Likes

Like a lot of the changes they made, but the great bombard (every bombard unit as well) changes are interesting. They increased ranged damage bonus on springald by 5 while increasing great bombard armor by 5. So, the main thing is that it maintains its strength, apparently part of its intentional design, but gives the springald a better chance to destroy it with equivalent resources spent. 50 less health means that a stock springald vs stock GB will take 6 shots instead of 7 (300 / 55 vs 350 / 55), but with upgrades the GB will now take exactly 8 shots instead of 10 (360 / 45 vs 420(!!) / 45). Without changes to other siege units armor, and a reduction to mangonel health, it means that springalds will kill mangonels in exactly 2 shots. Huge change, we’ll have to see its effect on siege play over the coming months

Other than siege, massive buffs to ootd/HRE and abbasid, HRE also getting marching drills without research at the start of the game makes me feel warm and fuzzy. Personally, looking forward to the patch and can’t wait to experiment with the changes.

Edit: I was so excited to read civ changes I completely missed the biggest part of the patch:

edit 2:

I need to read over this a few more times, these are huge changes for gameplay!

4 Likes

Yeah it’s going to be interesting to see how it all works out, cannot wait to try these changes!

Yeah and also Byz gets the first contract for free and is instant! As a Byz main myself, I am eager to try this out!

Yeah this is so cool and also to be able to construct gates on walls that aren’t yet fully build. Finally! Overall a good patch, I expeted a bit bigger patch but its still nice regardless.

3 Likes

Excellent patch overall.

1 Like

Jeanne Darc nerfs are missing in this patch.
Completely dominating the higher elo and being the currently best civ in overall ranked 1v1.
After Otto nerf, Jeanne Darc will lead the ladder even more significantly.

The Ghazi raider change is amazing, I was always wondering why they didn’t have the anti-siege bonus as horsemen do.
Probably in return, Delhi might need a very mild nerf in other departments now to compensate for that needed (!) change for Gahzis, but let’s first see how it works out in the winrates.

“* Monks ordered to capture a Sacred Site will now remain until it’s captured before executing queued commands.”
Amazing change! I wanted this for a long time and always found it frustrating, how you can’t command the monk with shiftclick-waypoints for sacred sites.
Good job!

" * Fixed a crash that could occur when entering a match."
Thank you! I have had this multiple times in ranked and lost my points for nothing.

Cliffside (and other maps) bugged gold/stone veins still bugged.
I had written the report months ago and it was, again, ignored.
Malians are often unplayable on cliffside as there often is only one mine on your side and the other mines are extremely far and/or bugged, so the game doesn’t let you place the pitmine on the gold vein.
For mongols the same happens for the ovoo on the stone veins, on Cliffside.

GB still taking too little pop for its power and cost.
If you neeed 7 springalds to oneshot it, that’s 3000 ressources for a COUNTER UNIT.
Whereas the GB only costs 1250 ress or is for free.
18 pop vs 4 pop.
2.4 times the ressources and 4.5 times the popspace to have a CHANCE to kill a unit, which on its own can descimate a whole army and pulverize buildings, whereas the counter unit is almost useless against other things than siege weapons.
But only if the GB doesn’t fire a shot on one of your springalds, because it ONESHOTS them.
That would mean you can’t kill it in one salve

### ### could have done more Devs, for real

It is a very MILD nerf to the GB but it is still WAAAAAY overtuned in terms of springald-oneshotting-potential and low pop cost for its price and performance.

A few nice (balance) changes were done.
I like the wall-gate change and that units can now be ungarrisoned towards any waypointed direction out of buildings.
Finally, 3 years after beta feedback, yeeeehaaaa!

There is light at the end of the tunnel, but at the same time game-breaking bugs, which have been reported multiple times for a LONG TIME have been ignored AGAIN this patch.
On top of that, Jean Darc is still broken af.

HRE army still crushes Malians in age3 (hello landsknecht).
Handicap matchup, severely out of balance.
Now with the speed-buff, HRE will destreoy Malians in Feudal every match.
In castle, MAA+Lands+Spear will leave Malians absolutely no chance.
Attackmove = win.
No skill needed.

Do not nerf byzantines spearman or tower they are needed there so weak dont need any nerfs only buffs what are u devs doing

Ottomans will suck thanks to the devs.

It has been a good part of the community that has been asking for nerfs to ottomans.

7 Likes

Byzantines has received buffs as well so it’s not all that bad.

Thanks very much for the crossplay!

It is a very nice patch.

4 Likes

Janissary + GB is still a very strong combo.

Overall the patch was very good

:-1:
Still waiting for patch notes that say revamped UI icons exist as an option, you can zoom out much more, and pop cap is increased significantly
 among some other fairly easy stuff that could be done for single-player unranked skirmish players who never want to play ranked and never want to watch eSport players. Like bigger maps, better graphics, and does a regular conquest mode like AoE2 exist where there aren’t landmarks to take over?

1 Like

Not a bad patch at all

Custom Games - Advanced Game Settings Mod and there you can do almost anything you want.

1 Like

To be fair, this shouldn’t be a mod in first case but rather something official.

3 Likes

It is a complete joke!

Worst Update ever!!!

It simply looks like a minor patch

Okay, that’s good news! So are the only things I’m waiting for a revamped UI option, then, and improved graphics + farther out zoom?

I can already have 500 population, huge maps, Conquest games (no landmarks) if i make a custom game?

Edit: Oh, I just realized
 does what you are saying exists come by way of a fan-made “mod” or “mods”, or is it a part of the dev-created (official) game? (The word ‘mod’ at the end of your listed path along with FloosWorld’s post made me wonder)

Ottoman military school nerf is so harsh but we will see how it is go.Someone said we will get new civs with this update was it real?

2 Likes

Yes, they are community mods. You can go to the respective mods section of the game and download them. Regarding the graphics, the design is high that is not going to be changed and I think there are formulas to increase the zoom, but I don’t know how to tell you now.

1 Like

Adding new civilizations with a patch update make no sense, they will only do that with new expansions/DLC being added to the game most likely.

1 Like