[Request] Infinite Queue Feature

It should be added as it makes absolutely no sense such a simple order cannot be issued. It’s like: “No I want to do things the hard way.”

It’s like saying: “No, I want bad camera controls because it makes the game harder,!!11” lol

5 Likes

DE is already much easier to play than HD, I just played a game in HD, and it required a lot more attention and precision. (no shift queue, no unit/technology queue) In general, it was way more challenging in a good sense. With the introduction of auto scouting, the game is more open to beginners than ever before.
But that’s where it should stop, so please do not introduce any auto villagers, auto military queue, auto economy, auto sheep or what not. The game should be challenging and that’s why we enjoy playing it.

4 Likes

Then go play the original AoE2 If you don’t like things that improve the QoL like shift queue and auto-reseed.

4 Likes

AOE1 was even more challenging:

1. Difficult pathfinding, units got stuck on each other!
  2. Farmers couldn’t walk over Farms!
  3. No formations, units needed attention manually!
  4. Units will randomly cancel orders given to them.
  5. No auto reseeding.

I guess you will love it. It was so much challenging.

8 Likes

Terrible idea. Age of Mythology has it and it ruined competitive gaming

10 Likes

please elaborate how?

1 Like

Because everyone quit playing it. All you do is sit back and units spew out of everywhere non stop as long as the resources exist. It just became boring

12 Likes

I’m curious as well. I thought it was how unbalanced Kronos was.

I mean, the game had significant balance issues, and I guess that wasn’t as obvious before auto Queueing made it obvious.

2 Likes

There is a multitude of reason for that. One major reason why I don’t play it is it’s mythology not history. AoM is not comparable to AoE.

You have to manage the resources, constantly move your villagers strategically searching for mines and trees.

Who will manage those units? You need to guide them to right place. Spamming units ignorantly into castles, archers or other death holes is just a waste of resources.

3 Likes

Yeah, people talk like you just have to turn on AQ and forget. But it’s not like that. Doing that is a a good way to mismanage your resources.

AQ has it’s place but using it indiscriminately will negatively affect you.

6 Likes

Exactly. AQ will not be unbalanced if the game doesn’t already has balance issues.

3 Likes

And I believe game is perfectly balanced to handle that, as the AI regularly recruits units in an auto queue manner, spending on only one-two units at each building that are being recruited while saving the buffer resources to research expensive techs.
You can set yourself to AI in skirmish match to test this happening In-game.

2 Likes

Where did I say, that I don’t like shift queue or auto reseed? I’m implying that the QoL features that DE offers at the moment are sufficient. What’s with this attitude telling people to go play x game? I’m not telling you to play Age of Mythology or Rise of Nations, I’m arguing there is no place in AoE2 for more auto-xxxxx, as it would make macro way too easy and at the moment, the balance between micro and macro is adequate.

6 Likes

Why is shift queue and auto reseed okay? It wasn’t available before DE, and when it was announced, especially auto reseed, there was a lot of push back against it.

I would be surprised if Auto Queueing units would be any different. People would initial push back, then they would notice that the game is a bit easier to play, but still holds the same unique challenges as before and like would go on.

2 Likes

AoE2 gameplay is vastly superior compared to AoE1, due to the many points you have outlined. That’s why it’s more popular. However, AoE lacking some features doesn’t make it more challenging, for example the pathfinding is more of a annoyance rather than a challenge. Also even though, there are formations in AoE2, it doesn’t make it less challenging. If you look away for too long, then you can lose your xbows against mangonels.
If you put auto queue into the equation, the macro would be less demanding. For example, if you focus on micro too much, with both players on 3TCs, 30s idle time is already 3 villagers difference and that adds up and is what separates top players and decent players.

1 Like

I wish RoL was actually acknowledged by Microsoft.

1 Like

I feel we need to give more ideals on expanding game content, not game mechanics, there nothing wrong with the mechanic, if there were this franchise would of die 20 yrs ago. I say, IF is good, don’t try to change it."

2 Likes

It has been established by many that this would change the game too much, this in itself is a sufficient argument.

Others please stop defending auto reseed since it is just the same but much less impactfull. Don’t let anyone fool you by saying ‘but why is auto reseed fine then’. It’s not because it is already in the game that you need to agree with it.

1 Like

Both those two are not significant changes to the game. We used to play just fine without auto reseed and shift queuing. Yes, the game becomes easier, more chill with every auto feature but also less interactive and emerging as you just “watch” things happening while you basically… just micro units? move them on the map? Watch your base being attacked while you just auto queue a defense? A proper farming simulator… For now

I remember the first time I played this game, there was so much mystery and beauty to it. As you were clicking your scout and exploring bit by bit (inefficiently, yes), expanding your eco, making this medieval empire… making some army when you remembered to do so. Just a magical feeling. I don’t really know so much about what beginners expect nowadays, but IMO I feel like if the game is to last as long as it did and to become bigger, we ought to keep as much as possible that original feeling of full control over your stuff, realizing that you have explore, remembering to make units and villagers and so on.

2 Likes

I think this is why the devs make DE a standalone but not simply a big update for HD.

So they can do their best to improve DE to make the silent majority enjoy this game much more! For those who prefer retro style, HD and AoE1 are still there for you.

Just keep improving this game to make it even greater! There are many people with you!

3 Likes