Request: Short Walls mod for DE

Welp… I guess I just won’t even bother now. I’ve just been too busy over the last month with my other project to make more progress on this mod. I would have done it with proper small sized construction/damage graphics and with x2 support, so hopefully pi can do all that eventually. And I just don’t want to deal with another Greg situation. When I searched for this mod in game, I noticed that Greg started one too that only has palisade walls, with “plans” to do the rest. Why do I get the feeling those plans were to “temporary borrow” my .smx files once I released mine and then because his was dated first by releasing an incomplete mod, he would get the majority of likes and downloads. I’d keep an eye on his mod if I were you, @pi31415etc.

And if I may also suggest, edit the frames from the x2 size, then you can use the Resize Graphic Scale tool at 50% in SLX Studio to make x1 versions. I think even the Chinese SMX Workshop has a tool to rescale your SMX. That way you can support both x1 and x2 and only have to do the work once. The reason why the mod isn’t working for some people is because you only support x1 and so everyone with UHD turned on will not see it.

2 Likes