Advanced Idle Villager is released!

So this is a bizarre situation. I had people request an idle villager pointer mod throughout December, including Greg. I told them I would release it once I had export support ready with my tool (SLX Studio). I guess Greg got a bit impatient and attempted to release his own (“Advanced Idle Pointer” mod) using Openage, but it had broken player colors and only supported x1 size. I had already started on my version of the mod (“Idle Villager Pointer”) and released it a day or two later with my own pointer graphic, working player colors, and support for both x1 and x2 sizes. Greg thanked me and linked to my mod page from his, but then about a week later, he just ripped the files from my mod and updated his mod with all the exact same files. So that’s pretty shady and I hope Greg has an explanation for that.

Greg, even if you thank me and link to my mod page, I don’t think it’s right to essentially steal my work and republish it as yours without permission. If you’re not going to do your own take on the mod, which there’s really not much you could do differently with such a simple concept, then you should just delete yours.

5 Likes