Return of Rome Discussion

The hype is like the commercial & marketing priority number one for most of product, video games included. And creating hype does not mean that other teams in the dark should stop working…

9 Likes

Yes, I think that so much secrecy harms the hype by the dlc…

Yes, I think another division of civ is coming (as happened with India now) or visiting exotic areas that have not been touched … the only European region that has not yet been revisited is the Balkans… because Western and Eastern Europe already have their respective DLCs…

Sure, it can be more regional dlcs for AoE 2 or more expansions for AoE 1…

Yes, I think there will be dlcs for AoE 1 but only focused on what makes AoE 1…

Yes, it’s what you have to announce something so far in advance and then not show or explain anything about it… if too much hype is built on a product and then does not meet people’s expectations, the hype train derails and can make a product fail (it happened to Cyberpunk 2077 in 2020 and it happened to me with AoE 4 in X019)…

Ok but I am not talking about “too much hype”… Just to give news every 1 or 2 months, nothing exeptional.

Yes, they could make some announcements from time to time…

Well, technically we have the Bulgarians and Byzantines in the Balkans and I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Mediterranean dlc at some point with Aragonese and Venetians… Homefully in a very distant future. Right now I want content for Africa, Latin America and Asia.

1 Like

The last hyped things i saw in games were utterly shit, so hyping is more harmful than helpful

I have absolutely no idea what you were hyped about, but I doubt the hype was the cause for the state of said game.

3 Likes

hurry up with the dlc man

What we will get is this. AoE DE with many improvements from aoe 2, such as gates, trade carts, market trading and new improvements.

Uploading: image.png…

1 Like

36 new achievements added. It’s coming guys!

17 Likes

Exciting news after a long silence!

36, is a number more than I expected.
It doesn’t look like it’s just a new civilization as rumored.
Will AoE1 mode achievements be included?

2 Likes

Right now, AoEDE has 46 achievements, if I have not miscounted.

Normally, a new AoE2 civs gets 5 achievements: Win a game as civ X, tain n unique units of civ X, 2 campaign achievements and complete campaign of civ X. So this leaves 31 achievements for Return of Rome.

6 Likes

Agreed, but the first age in these games has always tended to be the one where you get your economy started and not much more. Which I find disappointing, personally, since I like the whole tribal aesthetics of the Stone and Dark Ages.

3 Likes

I guess 16 of those will be for winning a game with each of the AoE civs.

2 Likes

Let’s hope achievements work better than the last bunch :smiley:

1 Like

Very likely. I don’t think Return of Rome will have all campaigns of AoEDE since that would be at least 10 achievements more already reserved, which would then leave very little room for general achievements. I think it’s more likely that we get a few, but very high quality campaigns (if we even get any).

So how many days usually between achievements revealed and official announcements?

I just checked for Dawn of the Dukes:

On Reddit, someone posted about 16 new achievements on 6th of July and the trailer released on 5th of August, so one month later.

For Dynasties of India there was more time in-between iirc.

Of course, the same referred to the Adriatic (Serbian, Croats and Albanians)…

Cof cof AoE 4 cof cof…

Maybe they are the same achievements as AoE 1, only without the less important…

They said they were going to port all the content of AoE 1, it doesn’t make sense to leave campaigns by the wayside…In addition, they can always add the achievements that are missing in the launch of the DLC until completing the 46…

In other words, the launch trailer would be on April 21 (ergo, the date of the founding of Rome) as I mentioned above…I hit it with the date and I’m happy about it xd…

2 Likes

I’d wait until we have more informations to try guessing anything.

AOE1 campaigns are different both in story (not following a single character with the exception of the Caesar campaign) and structure (no complex triggers), plus the devs don’t hesitate to remake campaigns to bring their quality on par with the rest, compare any campaign from The Forgotten with their current DE version.

Will it be simply porting AOE1 to AOE2 or will it be an AOE1 remake to be on par with AOE2 ?

3 Likes