REVERT the Unit Saturation/Brightness

Yes this Is the night and day. AOE4 seems really poor in comparison to AOE3de and this Is the reason i said “it’s a downgrade”.

3 Likes

Are you two talking about graphics downgrade or gameplay downgrade? Because if it is the latter, how the heck can you tell whether Aoe3 DE has better gameplay without playing the game?

I am pretty sure that they are talking about graphics. But to your second point, I’ve found that a lot of experienced players in the franchise are pretty good at seeing and hearing about features/design decisions in AoE4, forming a sense of how those would impact gameplay, and then when playtesting finding that their senses were correct.

3 Likes

What do you mean “most” of the players? Currently noone is playing AoE 4. Your opinion is not what most of the players want especially when no gameplay has even be showed. Maybe RTS with online multiplayer focus is not what you want to play and that’s fine. No game should cater to all audiences.

1 Like

I’m referring to Graphic. I can’t judge the gameplay before a beta.

1 Like

I’m speaking about a Graphic downgrade (Ships, water and effects) not gameplay.

It also is in part the artstyle is different. It is like comparing Aoe2 to Total War when their artstyles are clearly different. Now that isn’t to say the graphics couldn’t be better, I just think that they are fine as is

4 Likes

There are actually some screenshots with better looking units. All of them tho come from the civs’ page and bear names like ‘cropped’ or ‘scaled’ and I really haven’t seen the same level of detail during those close ups that the camera is doing during the trailers.

5 Likes

Yes, i know. You still don’t know what most “players” want because there are no players of the game as of yet. You mean “potential” players then… i for one want a multiplayer competitive game and i am no pro or anything. I just want an RTS that is worthwhile to sink time to in a competitive environment… and for that clear graphics that are efficient to run smoothly in 4v4 max pop scenarios is a definitely good design decision…

2 Likes

probably from the UHD pack which isnt working a s a whole atm so wont be used in trailers. Either all units “ugly” or all nice, no inbetween :slight_smile:

Ok for the first time , I agree hahahaha , i don’t like that green and that yellow , but I have to say. Yesterday in the Showcase extended we can see some gameplay . And the units colors for me is much better

2 Likes

Jimmy , such a long time I don’t see you. Yesterday in the showcase extended we saw gameplay .Did You saw the Showcase gameplay ? Graphics and units are much better.

2 Likes

There are some improvements but it’s not enough: more textures should be added to make units more realistic, imho.

And than Building sizes, water effects and siege weapons without units are a BIG No, for me.

Animations seem a bit Better than the previous gameplay trailer. I’m waiting for beta. For now it’s 50/50.

4 Likes

Its never enough :smiley:
But I think yes, water gameplay can be adjusted, effects looked kinda nice to me though.

It’s nice . I love seeing people changing opinion , people in boats is a little bit more complicated though but maybe we can see that

This is from the fan preview. Are you saying that you were wrong about the fan preview? :slight_smile:

It is not from the fan preview. The scene looks very similar to it but not taken from it. It is an isolated image from the website and we do not know under what circumstances was it taken.

For comparison a screenshot of the same scene in the Fan preview youtube trailer running at 4k looks like this:

They obviously have tweaked some things. The question is whether those things were tweaked in-game or did they just edit them with an external software

mongol

it looks better because you are taking a screenshot of a video whereas they screenshotted that in the game probably.

2 Likes

But the video was made with the game’s graphics engine itself. A little less color does not make it difficult to distinguish. It can probably be configured.

1 Like

Exactly. in-engine means that the footage is taken using the game’s graphics engine. So in theory it should look exactly like what it’s supposed to look when you play it.
But they can still tweak all sort of settings, sounds, lightning, add pre rendered scenes and generally reach quality levels so high that you wouldn’t even be able to run with the top pc on the market.
You can already see the lighting that is different and brighter in the trailer than in that image, which has absolutely nothing to do with the screenshot taken from youtube.
This scene on the other hand looks actually worse than the image. Either the messed up their trailer, or that image is edited or other things changed in the meantime.

1 Like