Revolutions for everyone!

There are several good options for non-European revolutions, but overall I don’t think it’s appropriate for every civ to have them.

China

China is a strong contender for a revolution. The Taiping Heavenly Kingdom would fit nicely as one.

Hausa

Hausa are already heavily inspired by the Sokoto Caliphate which was a revolutionary state. The Malê revolt in Brazil was also Hausa led.

Aztec and Inca

Having revolts to Mexico and Peru would make sense and could solve some of the drawbacks the civs have.

The other civs don’t really fit as well.

Lakota

The Red River Rebellion is the closest thing to a revolution in the region but the Lakota weren’t really involved. The later North-West Rebellion could also work, but it was slightly further from the Lakota and more supported by the Cree.

Haudenosaunee

Tecumseh’s Confederacy or the Northwestern Confederacy would be the best options but the Haudenosaunee weren’t the drivers of this resistance.

Japan

The Shimabara Rebellion is the best option I can think of but it was suppressed pretty thoroughly.

India

The Sepoy Rebellion was a huge threat to the Raj but it was suppressed quickly. It also probably wouldn’t have formed a single united state if had succeeded.

Ethiopia

I can’t think of anything equivalent to a revolution that would be appropriate for them. Maybe Jamaica due to the Rastafari reverence for Haile Selassie but that comes too late to be a good connection. The Mahdists and Dervishes could maybe be options but they were more Sudanese and Somali and were invading Ethiopia, not breaking away.

3 Likes