Roman Temples: Return of Rome Reskin Mod

Hello! I started working on a small graphic Mod for Return of Rome.
Starting with a reskin of the Roman Monastery and University buildings to make them look more… Roman! :slight_smile:

The buildings are based off the Temple Ruin in Scenario editor. As it takes damage the building slowly transforms back to the ruined structure before turning to rubble. Same mechanic as wall destruction.

This is a side project from Romae ad Bellum that I made for fun. If folks are interested in it I will publish for the community to enjoy. Thanks,

Temple-Destruction

5 Likes

Would really looking forward to this, the mix between the other mediterannean buildings and the ancient temple buildings really adds that late antiquity flair.

1 Like

Reusing animated Roman banner for garrison flag for Temple. :slight_smile:

Nice! How did you do the destruction animations?

1 Like

I just used the scenario editor temple ruins and layered them over each other. The rest was done with copy and paste and photoshop to correct for shadows and color.

They consist of idle/standing animation and then they have a frame for 25%, 50%, and 75% damage. This is the same damage process for walls.

I am thinking about creating one for alternate direction of longer version, to provide the ultimate scenario editor set.

2 Likes

Any update worth sharing? Would be a waste for such a good mod to be abandoned…

1 Like

I have hosted a version of this on MODDB. In keeping with my Latin naming convention, I have called it Roma Aeterna . I will upload to MS as well once the site cooperates with me. Let me know what you think!

3 New Buildings

• Roman Temple
    • Replaces Roman Monastery
    • 2 orientations
    • Includes destruction frames
  • Roman University
    • Replaces Roman University
    • 2 orientations
    • Includes destruction frames
  • Scenario Editor Only Hippodrome Walls
    • 2 Versions Exterior facing and Interior facing
    • Includes 4 directions with Exterior Section
    • 4 directions with Interior Section
    • Shared Corner for both

UI Changes

• Civ Panel updates (Trajan Column)
  • History Section background updated

Download Roma Aeterna Build11771158 - Mod DB

1 Like

Continuing to develop the look of late Romans, this new screenshot showcases work included in the most recent release.

Updated version now live. Roma Aeterna Build11771158

• Roman Town Center (Age 4)

• Replaces Roman Imperial Age Town Center
    • Supports TC function (colonnade walkable under roof, in front, and around)
    • Includes Destruction frames
  • Eye Candy Goodies

• Adds Roman Banner to Barracks Age 2 and Age 3
    • Add Roman Banner to Town Center Age 3
    • Adds Roman shield to Barracks Age 3
2 Likes