Yesterday I played the Royal Ramble Mod versus the AI.
I have some suggestions on how to improve the mod.
- The AI attacked me with the king in the first minutes of the game. This is a stupid behavior which leads to a easy victory for me. The AI should protect the king in an intelligent way. I don’t know if you could change the AI behavior within a mod. If not this is a reason for me to integrate the mod in the existing game in order to be able to change the AI.
- I think the king should be at least as fast as a regular unit. For me the king is to slow. Could also be as fast as in aoe2.
- Please make the Royal Rumble mode combinable with the other winning conditions. Not as a complete separate window.
- The king should have a weapon and should be a strong unit. An unit which is crucial to the course of a battle.
- It would be nice to have hero kings for each civilization. Like Dschingis Khan for the mongols, William for England and so on. Of course they should look unique.
- Ideally you combine it with special capabilities for each king.
- Please add unique sounds for each civilisation king. For example a french king could say pour Orleans or something like that when you tell him to attack
I know that are lots of improvement suggestions but if you do all this things I am sure that this would be an awesome mod which the players love.
Furthermore if you implement those things there would be already most things done for a second very cool possible mod: Hero mod where each civ has a hero like described before. In contrast to royal rumble the hero would live again when your units are near from him. Similar like in aoe3 with the scout. That would be great.
At this point I would also like to thank the developers very much for the big season 1 update.