Rumour: Age of Empires IV is currently targeting Q1 2022 release window

Now that age of empires 3 DE is launched. I hope that we will finally have some news for aoe4

7 Likes

how could a microsoft funded project with massive fandom have a budget restrictions or lack of developers is beyond me, maybe its not the case and this game actually has a good budget

3 Likes

I’m waiting for them to announce either AoM2 or AoM DE, finger crossed for AoM2.

2 Likes

If we get an AoM DE, I feel like that will be an additional stop gap until AoE4, further lengthening it’s release date (even though it’s different developer teams working on them). Getting a DE for AoM would be great, but I’d prefer an earlier launch for AoE4.

3 Likes

I’m honestly more excited over AoM2 than AoE4 but that will probably never happen.

3 Likes

Yes please I rather see AoM 2 than AoM definitive edition. With new game engine, the gods can be fully explored to their full potential and better pathfinding, etc.

1 Like

AoM 2 is a must do. Not AoM DE, but AoM 2!!!
Add meso american and mesopotamian god powers!!!

3 Likes

Don’t forget the Slavs and Japs too. So many mythologies to add.

3 Likes

Yes, AoM has many potentials !

AoM 2. I don’t get the hype for a remastered AoM, better to have a sequel.

1 Like

Exactly! :slight_smile: This is what i wrote before. AoM 2 not AoM DE

1 Like

AoM has a lot of design issues. I really think they shouldn’t have removed Stone.
AoM has a lot of potential, it already covers 3 civilisations that existed over the span of 3000 years.
Egyptians peaked like 2000 BC, Greeks at 500BC and Vikings at 1000AD. With North American natives they could even get some civilisations from AoE3.
The only game that has the potential to let Bronze Age armies fight soldiers with muskets without it feeling completely wrong, even though I think that they should be the strongest range units.

I can’t wait for AoE4 but of course better to wait a few months longer than to have a buggy unbalanced game that dies on release and everyone returns to AoE2 before they can fix it.
I’m optimistic that I will like the game but I’m afraid that people will still prefer AoE2. That would be sad to have the perfect AoE and no one wants to play it.

2 Likes

They are very reticent about promoting the game. If they don’t want to share images, they can share written information. They must keep the excitement of the players. Excitement is contagious. If they do not share information about the game, they cannot advertise. They themselves are losing value.

6 Likes

Hope the game is doing okay, and that it is living up to their expectations and the expectations of focus group participants

It would be cool to have news. It’s getting long .TOMORROW :slight_smile:

3 Likes
4 Likes

I kinda wanted Fall this year for AOE4

I hear that Microsoft will show some Age IV stuff in their upcoming show…I AM PUMPED! And will love them more if they do end up showing Age IV.

Age of Empires news expected at April Microsoft event | PCGamesN

Age of Empires 4 - More Information in April | gamepressure.com

3 Likes

LOL, you beat me. Good work :slight_smile:

3 Likes