Samurai, The Best Infantry Unit In The Game

It’s already one of the fastest infantry units in the game.

Just same speed as pikes. Huskarl, woad raider, eagle warrior, Condottiero, shotel warrior, karambit warrior, Gbeto, Berserk (over 50% of infantry UU) are faster.

2 Likes

i’m sorry what? i don’t think it needs 1.2 but it is hardly “one of the fastest infantry units in the game”.
it has the same speed as pikes, which means it beats serjeants, militia line, and TK for speed, but almost everything else in the game is equal or greater.

But it’s still fast enough for most cases.

Samurai need speed to justify its cost (esp after the supplies). Jaguar is slightly better than them becoz it is customized to beat infantry civ, but samurai is needed vs infantry and cavalry UU( a lot tankier than halbs) only (i.e. no bonus against aztecs champions etc). So speed increase is needed to help them chase down archer uu

He’s nor saying don’t increase the speed the person he responded to was saying samurai is one of the fastest infantry units in ghd game. Which is factually false.

1 Like

I thought that Samurai were on par with units like Condottieri for speed when I posted because I always felt that the Samurai are easy and fun to move around.

And to add on to the coolness factor just read what the history section has to say about them:

Samurai lived by a code of the warrior, something like the European code of chivalry. The foundation of the warrior code was loyalty to the lord. The warrior expected leadership and protection. In return he obeyed his lord’s commands without question and stood ready to die on his lord’s behalf. A Samurai placed great emphasis on his ancestry and strove to carry on family traditions. He behaved so as to earn praise. He was to be firm and show no cowardice. Warriors went into battle expecting and looking to die. It was felt that a warrior hoping to live would fight poorly.

Coolness factor is highly subjective… Personally I think the myth of the Samurai is a bit overrated, but that is just my personal feeling.

As for the efficiency of the unit in-game, it is debatable. Being an infantry without great PA or speed, it struggle against range units, Halbs do better against cavalry, so they can only be used safely against other infantry UU… Which, for the most part, aren’t the core army of their civs.

Not everything is overrated even though there are things in life that seem too good to be true they are still true.

From chivalry to tribal warriors like the Vikings to Ancient chinese Xia, you can find dozens of exemples of people living the “way of the warrior”. In that sense, the Samurai isn’t very different from others, it comes down to personal preference. That is why I said it is overrated.

Tribal warriors aren’t as great as imperial warriors. Everyone has their own opinion but one shouldn’t choose an option just to be different from the crowd. And I’ll just start a poll to see which type of warrior people like better.

Which one do you think is cooler?
  • Tribal Warrior
  • Imperial Warrior

0 voters