Screen turns black in Multiplayer Ranked

I am also getting this error.
You can press “ALT-ENTER” to minimize the screen but it doesn’t get much better.

Please someone find a resolution.

Hey, many people have this issue, check the end of this thread: New crash : Visual C++ Runtime Library Assertion Failed

Apparently, there was a crash that is now replaced by the black screen. So far no resolution of this bug.

1 Like

That link points to a much different issue cTensus. The error that me and the above commenters are having does not produce an error message and the game continues to run, but nearly all, but not all of the screen turns black. Additionally, I’ve noticed that it only happens to me in single player and your link is for a multiplayer specific bug. Hopefully people don’t see your response and ignore this issue as this is a game breaking bug for me and the others that are experiencing it.

1 Like

I don’t know if this is a fix… but I reinstalled the Enhanced Graphics addon and it fixed it for me.

If you look to the latter posts you will see the same black screen issue in that thread. It started as a crash with an error message, however, after the last update most of the people who had the crashing issue started having the black screen issue. Last ~20 posts are about the black screen.

Also, there is another thread about the same issue: Screen turns black in Multiplayer Ranked

Some observations: couple of times I did not close the game after the black screen occurred, then the game crashed after 5-10 minutes without any error message.

In my case the black screen more often happens on BF, hideout and Lombardia fairly late in the game. CPU, GPU and RAM are not fully loaded, all the drivers and redistributable are up to date. I tried different options in game and in the NVidia control panel (turned off sharpening and vsync, as some people claimed it could help), restricted fps, tried external and laptop monitor and some other things with no success, the black screen still happens from time to time.

As some people noticed, if I go to the window mode after the black screen issue, some more things appear on the screen, but it does not really help.

For me the issue occurs 5-10 minutes into opening the app, whether it is Single Player, Multiplayer or even just in the menu.

I’m having the exact same issue, no error message, just the textures all messed up.

i7 6700k
16gb ram 3000mhz
1080ti
Acer predator xb271hu 165hz with gsync. It’s my only monitor, the “black screens” were happening quite often until i activated vsync. Today it happened again so i’ll try turning gsync off since some games have weird issues with this feature.

Yes this is me too exactly, only downloaded the game two days ago. Annoying for all of us but I’m relieved it’s a game bug rather than my laptop.

If anyone can update us when it’s fixed then that would be perfect!

Appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

Game Version:

• Build: Latest build as of 27/04
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: noil15

Issue:

For the last 4 games I have played, everything becomes black except the minimap. I can still hear and play the game which include selecting vills and commanding troops if I know where they are based on the minimap. I can still open the menu but there is no text nad just the square colored box.
If I use alt+enter to swtich between fullscreen and windowed the buildings get rendered again and resources as well. But still a black map and cant see water and so on.
Only thing I can think of as a cause is me turning the Enhanced graphics pack off and removing it from steam to save 16 gb of space.

Reproduction Steps:

No idea how to surely reproduce but my last changes where:

• I did play with the Enhanced graphics on for a week or so but I dont have a 4k monitor and you are way to far zoomed in with the EGP dlc.
  • Turned the EGP off in the menu and removed the DLC from steam.

ATTACHMENTS:

1 Like

Exact same thing is happening to me, I’ve seen multiple threads on this but no solution yet. Anyone figure out how to fix the bug?

Same issue as well except mine also completely crashed

Same issue here. please help

Same issue here. Still happening after the new patch (36906) went up. Just crashed a game.

I had this problem and now I don’t ahve it anymore,
I am pretty sure the reason it disappeard was that i ticked the “clamp mouse to screen” in the options,

can anybody confirm?

Seems fixed for me too. But it’s not because of the clamp mouse option because I’ve always had it set like that. Probably the devs fixed it :smiley: