🛠 Server Maintenance - Wednesday, November 10 - I, II, III DE, and IV

WHAT : Server Maintenance (Multiplayer Servers)

WHEN: 2021-11-10T22:00:00Z

EST. DOWNTIME: 1-2 HOURS

GAMES & PLATFORMS:

Age of Empires: Definitive Edition (Steam / Microsoft Store)
Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition (Steam / Microsoft Store)
Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition (Steam / Microsoft Store)
Age of Empires IV (Steam / Microsoft Store)

OBJECTIVES:

Routine server maintenance; no player-facing changes.

DETAILS:

This coming Wednesday, November 10 , the platform team will be taking the multiplayer servers down for regular maintenance. Please note:

• Online matchmaking will be disabled exactly one hour before the maintenance window to prevent disruption to newly-formed matches.
  • Any matches still in progress at the start of the maintenance window will be disrupted when the servers are taken offline.
  • DURING THE MAINTENANCE WINDOW, YOU WILL STILL BE ABLE TO LAUNCH THE GAME, BUT WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MATCHMAKE OR ACCESS ANY ONLINE FEATURES.

To prevent any interruptions, we recommend wrapping up any games at least 10 minutes before the maintenance window. The downtime is expected to last between 1 and 2 hours . You can watch this thread for any changes to the schedule as they arise, as well as the all-clear when the maintenance is complete.

Thank you for your patience!

5 Likes

Can we still play story mode ?

Stop having maintenance when Europe wants to play, WTF!
Its 2021, and you need to shut down all servers at the same time? what happend with 24/7 uptime.

11 Likes

didnt you jsut do a server maintenance?

5 Likes

Why are we literally having maintenance just a week after the previous one at peak european times? This will be the 2nd time in 2 weeks I have to reschedule a tournament match and cancel a planned stream due to maintenance… Not a good look.

5 Likes

Hi Smashed, that should be possible, I should have an article with instructions available tomorrow. Cheers!

2 Likes

Wait no Relic cheater bug fix? No mongol TC rush balance bug fix?

Also no information about balance patches for future?

And once again maintenance at peak EU times even though EU has the biggest playerbase…

Are you trolling?

2 Likes

Ok thanks if you can link it please just want to no if I get xp on single player when servers down thanks

They really don’t give a ■■■■.

AoE4 players be like:

“Patch the game already!”

Then get mad when they patch.

Yeah, it’s peak hours, but do you not have something to do for an hour or two other than AoE? And if not practice up on your strats, and play solo, watch some of those beautiful 4K clips, and stahp whining.

1 Like

Yeah, people gotta chill. Not to mention whoever is doing the maintenance probably works regular hours in the US. Timing makes sense to me.

3 Likes

The Mongol TC rush is counterable and barely in use anymore as far as I’ve seen.

The relic glitch is on the known issue list.

Why is everyone so angry about a game going down for 2 hours max? Does anyone have anything better to do? I guess it’s just an indication of how good the game is that people are impatient to play it. And yet you complain about bugs and issues.

The Devs are humans and work real human hours. They’re not robots. Cut them some slack and enjoy their masterpiece already.

Change it to 3h later. Not now in EU Peak.

3 Likes

There are other hours during the US working day that would disrupt fewer players. No one is saying they need to be up at 4am.

3 Likes

How long was the last update ?

Why didnt you do your maintenance night time wtf

2 Likes

A reminder to everyone that the multiplayer services will be unavailable for around 1-2 hours starting now as they undergo routine maintenance. We will update when the maintenance is complete and the servers are back online.

1 Like

A patch would be great. But this isn’t even a patch! This is server maintenance. They will change **** on the actual game

2 Likes

ARE YOU FKN SERIOUS !?!?!?! WTF IS THIS - A BAD JOKE ?

This could be a reason to quit the game, i mean, i really feel ripped off. Maintenance at PRIME TIME ?

WTF

6 Likes