Servers Unstable Today - Can't Start Games

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME PLATFORM: Steam / Microsoft Store
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Both ranked and custom lobbies aren’t working today. Can’t join 99% of lobbies due to a “server error”. It’s happening for everyone, or almost everyone. Also, the lobby list has games that have already started.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: *How often does the issue occur? *

• 99% of the time / matches I play (NEARLY ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here are the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Try joining a lobby or try joining a ranked match
7 Likes

A lot of people are having this error when attempting to start a game:

1 Like

Game unplayeable at the moment…

Ce jeu est totalement buggué, le multiplayer ne fonctionne pas. Une vraie daube microsoft, c’est une honte absolue

It does not even list or find any lobbies at the moment. - And here I was thinking I could spend an evening playing Age (silly me) :frowning:

This is so ridiculous. I was discussing this with a mate, the game has really hit an all time low for us.
Hours of trying to find a game, bugs are more than ever. Some updates seem to make it worse than it was before. Hope the devs will test properly before they release a new update or patch.

1 Like

I have the same problem. He’s looking for games with me. At times he also finds one but then it says “Entry to lobby not possible”. In the same case, the sound also disappears.

Same here since 1H… Once again…

I too am having this problem. I wish they would stop adding new DLC and start fixing the server issues and game bugs instead. I would be more willing to pay for villagers that path correctly instead of 2 new civs and balance changes to 10 year+ old civilizations

1 Like

We’re aware of multiplayer services issues affecting some users and are investigating. You may see improvements based on recent steps we’ve taken to address this. In the meantime, please continue to send us logs. The steps to do so and how you can access the Enhanced Logging build to provide the best possible information are in the linked post.

Thank you! Many of the issues are fixed now and server issues are mostly gone. As I encounter any, I’ll send logs.