Shift queue attacking with melee units is broken

• BUILD #: 41855

As pointed out by Survivalist here, you cannot command melee units to attack with a shift queue when not on stand ground stance. This should not be intended.

And I highly doubt this relates to the patrol bug (also for aggressive and defensive stance). Please fix these long existing bugs. @GMEvangelos

4 Likes

Sometimes when I do scouts in feudal, I right click weak villager when escaping from spearman. Scouts tries to attack closest unit, spearman or high hp vil. We canā€™t give orders easily to melee units, itā€™s annoying.

1 Like

Yes. And thatā€™s why pros always use stand ground. Pros have the APM to effectively use stand ground while raiding but amateur players donā€™t. It sucks.

3 Likes

This issue only seems to partially happen

When I try to reproduce it, some units respect the shift queue, some donā€™t.

example i have 4 militia, after killing the first target, half of the militia switch to the next target like intended, while 2 of them just randomly attack the closest thing to them.

Yeah this is a sporadic bug, which makes it harder to fix.

1 Like

Note that while this doesnā€™t affect most large-scale battles as much as it does those small fights, there is one use case where it is truly maddening: ram queuing and pathing. There is nothing I would like more than to be able to shift-queue a couple of targets with my siege rams. But it doesnā€™t happen.

I havenā€™t tried. But what if you set rams to stand ground?

I will definitely try that and report back. Most of the time they donā€™t need to be auto-attacking. Except when youā€™re late-game Celts in Arena steamrolling a slowpoke enemyā€™s base :wink:

1 Like

This is now even more broken, as you cannot shift queue attack with even stand ground. This happens since patch 50292 I believe. Can we expect a fix? @LidaKor @ChristheCo

1 Like

Hey everyone!
thanks a lot for this report, we are now tracking this bug in our system!
Have as great day

1 Like