Shift queuing attacks doesn't work for Trebuchets (and Towers/Castles)

Game Version:

• Build: April 30th Patch
  • Platform: Steam or Microsoft Store
  • Operating System: Windows 10 or Windows 7 or Mac or Linux
  • Gamertag: harooooo1

Issue:

If you try to shift queue attacks for a Trebuchet, to have your trebuchet attack specific units in an order, by holding shift and pressing right click, it doesn’t function at all, and the shift is ignored.

Usually it should work like the example below:

You hold shift then right click an enemy House, then Barracks, and lastly a Market, and you expect the Trebuchet to keep hitting the House till it’s destroyed, then switch to the Barracks, and lastly to the Market after the barracks dies.

That is how works for every unit in the game right now except for Trebs, towers, castles, town center, defensive buildings, who all completely ignore the shift-queue.

Hold shift and right click on 3 different units, the trebuchet will just switch targets and start attacking the last target, instead of the first one you shift-right-clicked. Seems like all immovable units share this behavior with the treb.

Reproduction Steps:

Here’s how to reproduce the problem:

Unpack a Trebuchet, hold shift, right click on 1 enemy building, then right click on two more buildings while holding shift.

The trebuchet immediately switches targets every time you right click, instead of just registering the attack command and saving it for later, for when the unit dies or moves out of range.

Can also do the same test with towers,castles etc…

6 Likes

I have also been annoyed by this, when I intuitively expected shift-queueing targets for trebuchet to work properly, but instead trebuchet immediately switched attack to last target.

2 Likes

Still not able to shift queue attacks for Trebuchets, Towers, Castles, Town Centers, Harbors, Kreposts

1 Like

Could I please get a confirmation from someone official on whats the state of this bug/behaviour?

Did anyone acknowledge it? Is it being tracked, or a fix is in the works? Or currently other stuff like crashes etc… has more priority? Or this is an intentional feature that immovable units can’t shift queue attacks to prevent bugs?

I’d be happy with any answer.

1 Like

Finally the shift queue for unpacked trebuchets is fixed

But why don’t they fix it for buildings?

Here’s clips of how Shift-Attack doesn’t work at all for Castles

vs units:

vs buildings:

1 Like