Should saracen's camels be buffed?

11 no.

And 0% vs 5% isn’t that big, guilds cuts civs to 15% from 30% and most people don’t even get it.

how are mayans villagers nerfed?

1 Like

Their work rates are reduced. They have the worst farmers in the game.

That was fixed long ago

11, no, are your purposely saying incorrect stuff?

• Mayan farmers work at closer speed to the farmers of other civilizations.
2 Likes

“closer”

1 Like

and if you look at your test, they aren’t slower in castle and beyond.

Generic 24.0036
Khmer 24.0703
Slavs 26.4563
Aztecs 24.0
Berbers 24.0266
Mayans 24.53
so Aside from Slavs, they come out ahead on food in Castle age and beyond.
before then they are slightly behind (19.7663 vs 20.3475) which isn’t much at all.

1 Like

They are slower on first layer farms for the vast majoriy of the time (av. game is ~28 minutes, average hand cart time might be after that). OP also said that was probably a bug that would get fixed. They are slower on 2nd layer farms always. You’re not very honest sir.

1 Like
2 Likes

he also states that if/when the bug is fixed, they will be right above 24, with every other non slav.
so again, not going to be behind after that point.

and you shouldn’t, and he points this out himself, ever, double layer your farms (sans khmer).

2 Likes

That video contradicts your point.

After that point = after the average game is over.

And 11 at never double layer farming, that’s not realistic, nor is it what he said.

Why? Just for the market use? Definitely not one of the best knight rushes of the game. Nowadays there’s a several better civs for knight rushing

3 Likes

because we always have a choice? maybe for top tier guys, but i dont think ive ever played in a match in post imperial where anyone ddidnt have 2 layer farms…

wrt the hun house issue, as others pointed out, its the villager work time on those houses as well as never being pop capped, also i was comparing to the SARACEN BONUS… in comparison the saracen eco is weaker hands down, especially if you now include the cheaper CA as well… next time ill make a 100% accurate comparitive list when mentioning that someone’s eco bonus isnt as great… (jokes)

1 Like

I don’t think it has to be that much. Thing is, Mamelukes can be super strong if you get them massed, but that does rarely happen. Before you get to that point you probably will get crushed by your opponent. Better stats early on and worse stats when FU sounds like a nice trade-off for me. But sure, the Elite upgrade itself is super cheap so it could get more expansive while giving more hp.

It’s already totally viable if your opponent goes for knights. Giving them +1 attack sounds pretty random to me. I mean it’s not like your playing Indians and camels are your go-to uni. If your opponent doesn’t go for knights you just go scouts into archers and you boom your way up to imp. Once your get there, you will have one of the most diverse civs in the game. Also arbalest and heavy camel is one of the strongest compositions in the game. You can’t keep it up for long because of its gold cost but just for a while might be sufficient. There is a reason almost none of the civs get both units FU and that Indians was considered the best civ in the game before arb was removed from their tech tree (besides taking away their camels extra melee armor).

1. gives nothing to you if you can’t kill your opponent because you can’t boom
  2. gives you some situational possibilities but same problem as 1
  3. small boost but far from having a big impact
  4. you shouldn’t count on your opponent using the market; if he manages his eco well, that again does nothing

The market boni can help out here and there, but in standard settings it is really not the greatest eco bonus, especially because it’s biggest impact is early on while saracens generally strive in imp where there army flexibility shines.

It’s the combination of both, actually. In imp the house bonus indeed does little but having both cheaper CA and not need for houses allows for going CA and boom at the same time upon reaching castle age which no other civ can do because you won’t have enough wood for extra tcs and sufficient farms to create vills from multiple tcs.

True but not every civ can/should have a top-tier eco bonus.

2 Likes

If saracen camels ought to get a damage buff, it should be behind zealotry. That’s all I’m bothering to say on this whole thread right now.

1 Like

Why give them better camels ? They have all blacksmith upgrades, have arbalester heavy CA and champion, mameluke is one of the best unit of the game. Saracens also have siege onager and siege ram aswell as bombard canon + siege engineers. They get all monastery techs and have good trash units which are FU hussars/skirm. they have excellent counters to any unit in the game in their tech tree.

1 Like

It is an age of power creep, where FU is underwhelming and even extra +30 HP can’t compensate anymore.

I propose the opposite of buffing Saracen camels. Either nerf Indians by removing thec+1 PA or generally buff the heavy camel unit (not imperial camel).

1 Like

We don’t have enough Camel civs I guess. For example +2 LOS as a Team Bonus and Camels +20% (+25% in practice) firing rate as a civ bonus could be introduced.

For Saracens I think Zealotry should reduce the gold cost of Camel and Mameluke by 10 (or 5 if that’s too crazy) in addition to +30 HP since gold cost of Mameluke is always a big issue for Saracens. Or the training time of these 2 units can be lowered by 20% similar to how Imp Camel upgrade reduce the training time of Camel line.

1 Like