Should there be new expansions?

A building that produces unique units for each faction would be nice. But maybe I’m trying to make this too much like AoE 2

Pretty sure They said there will be atleast 1 new expansion coming for Age of empires DE, Can’t really remember where i read it but im most certain there was a post about it somewhere

1 Like

Before working on introducing new content, they should focus on actually finishing the remake first. Right now, the OG is more advanced somehow

@“Blaze Nightash” said:
Pretty sure They said there will be atleast 1 new expansion coming for Age of empires DE, Can’t really remember where i read it but im most certain there was a post about it somewhere
No exactly.

@Augustusman said:

@“Blaze Nightash” said:
No exactly.

No they did mention it somewhere on these forums that there would be atleast 1 expansion coming to this game

I do not want more expansions for the DE versions they have the follow up DE:s and the fourth game to focus on made by Relic.

@“Blaze Nightash” said:

@Augustusman said:

@“Blaze Nightash” said:
No exactly.

No they did mention it somewhere on these forums that there would be atleast 1 expansion coming to this game

Show me. Or show us. Was official or an speculation?

@WintryPainter69 said:
I do not want more expansions for the DE versions they have the follow up DE:s and the fourth game to focus on made by Relic.
Relic isn’t making DE games.

@Augustusman said:

@WintryPainter69 said:

I know. I said that the fourth game was made by Relic not the other way around.

@WintryPainter69 said:

@Augustusman said:

@WintryPainter69 said:

Sorry my bad.

@Augustusman said:

@WintryPainter69 said:

@Augustusman said:

@WintryPainter69 said:

Sorry my bad.

No worries my friend.

I would love to play an expansion, but their previous original work makes me hesitant. Look at the reviews for Age of Mythology EX: Tale of the Dragon.

Then again, I think they also made three expansions for Age of Empires 2 HD and they were very well received.

1 Like

Actually, it’s when the new AoE II HD expansions were released that the game got completely broken, and it’s only been going downhill since. Hence why they should focus on fixing already existing content before releasing new one.

@sonictimm said:
The Forgotten Empires team is going to begin work on AOE 2 DE immediately after this game is released
and patched.
Isn’t there already AoE II: HD? That’s as close to a “Definitive Edition” as that game needs, unless they’ve figured out how to add something new to the game that the HD version didn’t add already.

Yes, new graphics and new sound. Maybe it’ll be easier because they only need new assets and then bug fix the bugs that are already there XD

@TyrannoNinja I can’t disagree with you on that, especially given how AOE DE turned out.
But they’re going to redo all graphics, sounds, music, and probably overhaul the engine again.

I hope they don’t repeat what they did with AOE DE and start from the 90’s version of the engine again.
I can’t believe they did that once, it just seems like a disaster waiting to happen. It’s impressive that they pulled it off, but DE has it’s issues.

A lot of stuff they did for DE requires overhauling the engine…
But aside from the graphical changes, those would probably all be just as easy to implement in the AOE 2 HD Engine version. I’m still baffled as to why they didn’t build on that engine version in the first place.

UNLESS, they wanted to use AOE 1 DE like a practice round, so that they could become experts in the engine. That way, they’ll be skilled enough to code some truly impressive stuff for AOE 2 DE. (Speculation on my part)

Either way, it will be interesting.

I wouldn’t mind what we got with AoE: DE if it were simply a starting point for updating the original game and building something even greater atop of that foundation. In fact, that was what I’d originally expected. I thought that once they did the initial graphical remaster of AoE I, they’d add new features, civilizations, etc. over time like they did with AoE II: HD. That they reportedly aren’t going to do that betrays a shocking lack of common sense either on the part of the dev team or Microsoft.

2 Likes

:’( :’( :’( :’(

A new expansion can do really well if focused on for a better balance between units, civilizations, and A.I. Some kind of new non-gold costing anti-chariot unit, and some adjustements to civilizaiton bonuses and a better performing A.I. would make this game a lot better.

Its not a must, but still, i would apprecieate if there would be a new expansion like that.

Okay, adding one extra thing, and this is purely my fantasy: A new building with a new unit: Mercenary Post(or some kind of a gladiator pit): can hire high gold cost unit, Retiarius. Slow applying attack, net throwing attack animation. Specialized for countering hit & run units like Horse Archer.

According to history, a retiarius was a Roman gladiator who fought with equipment styled on that of a fisherman: a weighted net (rete, hence the name), a three-pointed trident (fuscina or tridens), and a dagger (pugio). The retiarius was lightly armoured, wearing an arm guard (manica) and a shoulder guard (galerus).

@“Cleglaw the mad” said:
A new expansion can do really well if focused on for a better balance between units, civilizations, and A.I. Some kind of new non-gold costing anti-chariot unit, and some adjustements to civilizaiton bonuses and a better performing A.I. would make this game a lot better.

Its not a must, but still, i would apprecieate if there would be a new expansion like that.

Okay, adding one extra thing, and this is purely my fantasy: A new building with a new unit: Mercenary Post(or some kind of a gladiator pit): can hire high gold cost unit, Retiarius. Slow applying attack, net throwing attack animation. Specialized for countering hit & run units like Horse Archer.

According to history, a retiarius was a Roman gladiator who fought with equipment styled on that of a fisherman: a weighted net (rete, hence the name), a three-pointed trident (fuscina or tridens), and a dagger (pugio). The retiarius was lightly armoured, wearing an arm guard (manica) and a shoulder guard (galerus).

May be use real mercenaries.

1 Like