Should you be able to rebuild factories

For me time might be even more important than cost of tech. Spending gathered resources in (semi)peace time doesn’t require skill.
Holding out (while enemy have managed to penetrate your base and destroy such a vital building) arguably requires skill, self-control and tactical sense and should be rewarded with restoring important part of a late-game eco.
For majority of cases sieged player wouldn’t be even able to rebuild it. But hey if you can manage that - that’s cool.

3 Likes

¡Exactly!. Holding the pressure and bearing the cost should be rewarded.

1 Like

The Napoleonic Era mod actually finds out that you can make a tech cost shipment points.
If one wants to rebuild factories, etc., it can be made an Age V tech (maybe in the Capitol) that costs some resources + 1 shipment point so it spends useless shipment points (if any) for very prolonged games, while the difficulty to get shipment points in the late game would prevent one from rebuilding too frequently.

—which might be dangerous, so the actual cost needs to be discussed.

3 Likes

Making it a tech in the capital that also costs a shipment isn’t a bad idea

1 Like

ArrivedLeader22 In addition to what I have proposed, we can add the monopoly condition. That is, by declaring a monopoly you have the possibility of restoring the lost building. Hold it for at least 5 minutes, after that you can start restoring your factory or wonder, and after that it doesn’t matter if they end your monopoly. This would add additional difficulty to make it even more difficult.

As JjForcebreaker mentions, this really deserves to be rewarded.

Expensive price.
Creation time.
Commercial monopoly.
Enemy attacks.
Map control.
Imperial age.

@OperaticShip743
By then you have won the match lol

What I mean is that if you exceed 5 minutes you can rebuild the wonder or factory. But after that, if the monopoly is not carried out, you can continue to build the wonder.

Not every civ needs to have a great late game. Native civs were designed to have good early games and suffer in the late game. I think an extra plantation and farm card won’t hurt though.

Making the squares in the imperial age only need 10 workers instead of 25 to exploit their full potential, would compensate for the fact that other civilizations use factories or wonders.

Since in AOE-4 you can repair wonders, why is this feature frowned upon by most players in AOE-3?

3 Likes

That’s a good comment

1 Like

How do you balance that with aztecs and incas?? I mean, aztecs can reach 35 dancers while incas reach 30 but they can go to 25 too in the worst case.

I would give a eco boost per dancer on the plaza, the enough to get a “99 vills eco” as other civs do. This could be disable to incas cause their current eco, instead they can get a boost in the wood ceremony(maybe?idk).

It would have to be experienced. It’s just an idea.

Permanently losing factories (and wonders) really sucks.

I don’t know about yo u guys, but when I lose mine to some cav run trough snipe i often feel like instant resigning.

It is just unfun, knowing I will never recover from this despite how good I play on.

It is frustrating.

Would love if the factories card could be resent to rebuild.

I would make the cards able to be resent once in imperial age for 1000w+1000g, and of course doesnt incresase build limit.

And Asian wonders I would change that on dewxtruction they turn into ruins that can be rebuild by the original owner for a price

1 Like

Completely agree, so annoying when someone ignores your army and runs straight for your factories with French heavy calv or Russian orps

2 Likes

Why?? Cause losing factories become Europeans eco as good as others civs??
Also in treaty it has no sense, that buildings are the most important to take down if u want win the fight

In case they could be restored, I would not like it to be that simple either. They must continue to be vital and priority objectives.

It´s like a Economic theory card, wich is basically nothing, i mean, i don´t know if my memory is bad but i though in legacy it was x1.1 instead of +0.10 so the 1.12 for food would be almost 1.24 wich is close to the best euro civs max eco (1.275 aprox.) but at least i tested in DE and it´s just a +10% just like an economic theory card, wich makes it to 1.17 wich is not really great, it would mean, at least in food, +0.05 p/s per vill and with 103 vills is a +5.15 food p/s wich is like 72% of 1 factory, so no, it´s not worth the factory equivalent.

Compared to a specific wonder the factories are superior. Put compared to the wonders as a whole it seems pretty much the same to me. Maybe the others do not offer economic advantages, but they do offer tactical advantages. That is, 2 factories vs 4 wonders.

Then you have China with 3 factories: russian one, age IV porcelain tower + german consulate and Confucian academy.

Indian wonders sucks economically wise. Karni mata is a worse economic theory, you have to pay at least 800food for a small radius around the wonder. The others dont give you any passive bonus that can be seen as a eco bonus neither.
Lets compare:
-the shogunate trains daymios, cheap your units and boost training times while charmine gate does nothing.
-Golden pavillion gives a passive bonus active all time + arsenal upgrades, victory tower only is active for few seconds and dont give u any upgrade.

We can see the same issue looking consulates, India dont get any lategame bonus while china and japan get a bank, factory, arsenal, trickles, XP, more res/crates… well indians get 4vills but china can overpop with 10 --_–