Skirmishers, Archers and similair not dealing the correct amount of damage against Eagle Knights

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: Present in hotfix 4087 and the original game.
  • PLATFORM: Steam / Microsoft Store

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

Skirmishers, Archers, etc deal 2,00x damage against AbstractLightCavalry which is then further multiplied by 0,75x damage against AbstractCavalry. A total of 1,50x damage against Light Cavalry.

Skirmishers, Archers, etc also deal 2,00x damage against xpEagleKnight, this is then multiplied by AbstractCoyoteMan, not by AbstractLightInfantry. This causes them to recieve 2,00x damage from Skirmishers and similair instead of the intended 1,50x

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:question: What was supposed to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
Eagle Runner Knights take 1,50x damage from Skirmishers, Archers, etc.

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

:question: What actually happened (what went wrong) because of the issue you’re reporting?
Eagle Runner Knights take 2,00x damage from Skirmishers, Archers, etc.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

SkirmisherAttackMultipliers29Oct2020

6 Likes

Was there any news about this topic?

Eagle Runner Knight is equivalent of light cavalry (Dragoon) so it should be treated in the same way (skirmishers type units should have x2.0 and x0.75 against them, not only x2.0).

In other words, 0.75 multiplier for CoyoteMan should be changed into 0.75 against Shock Infantry and it will be ok because Coyote Runner and Eagle Runner Knight are both shock infantry.

It used to be x2 for ranged infantry vs ERK on legacy already, and I think that was intended as a means to balance the unit. It’s just fine that way and should absolutely not be changed. ERK are already one of the strongest units in the game, they do well against basically all units, including ranged infantry despite them having the said x2 multiplier. They would just be even harder to counter if we changed it.

2 Likes

the eagle runner and light infantry/shock infantry tags are a mistake from legacy, this is just one example of the hidden consequence of them using an exclusive tag while functioning as cavalry. eagle runners also have hidden multipliers from artillery that light cavalry don’t have.

ultimately the tags for chimu, eagle runners and coyote don’t bring anything of value to justify their existence and just cause confusion, best way forward would be to simply remove them and classify them normally as cavalry and rebalancing them for these tags. would remove a lot of hidden multipliers this way and make the game easier to understand.

2 Likes

What do you mean by hidden multipliers? Are there any multipliers which are not visible in the game?

not all tags are visible. for example the multiplier against “xpEagleknight” isnt visible in game.
artillery have a hidden multiplier against arrowknights.
its also very difficult to see the difference between “AbstractCavalry” and “AbstractHeavyCavalry” since they use the same icon. Pikeman use the “AbstractCavalry” tag so they get a bonus against hussars AND dragoons. Dragoons only use the “AbstractHeavyCavalry” tag so they do not get a bonus against other dragoons.

2 Likes

Thanks for explanation.
It shouldn’t work like that. Every multiplier must be 100% transparent and visible to players.
We should not be forced to looking into game files to find out what are real multipliers…

1 Like

Honestly, anyone wanting to buff ERKs is either biased and mains aztecs, or doesn’t play this game…

I think the reason there are unique tags is because most multipliers that heavy infantry (pikes, musk in melee, etc.) have against cav are different from that of shock infantry, and the same principal applies to light/ranged infantry (skirm units) against ranged/light cav (dragoon units).

I’m not saying that ERK needs buff :wink:
I just found this post, checked ERK stats and it seemed weird to me that it is being treated in other way than Dragoons. That’s all.

So, thank you for commenting this thread. One post from top player and topic is pretty much solved.

Now I’m just surprised that some of the multipliers can’t be easily checked in game.