Small buff for the Japanese

I just have a small suggestion here for the Japanese civ. The Japs infantry attack 25% faster starting in feudal, just make it start in the dark age to make their Drush more effective nothing else or maybe actually i think it is ok to increase their infantry attack to 30% faster

1 Like

They already have infantry attacking +33% faster. It’s a classic wording problem with the tech tree, what it actually means is “infantry has its reload rate reduced by 25%” which in practice gives 33% faster attacks. So your second idea is already in the game.

5 Likes

Ok then just make it applied in the dark age nothing else

Nothing else. Indeed thats nothing. Back to walling meta since forget drushing against japanese they will flock you :smiley: Barracks before Mill is super easy with them and then you cant even counter them they will 3/0 your three militias.

1 Like

You can ask the stupid Goths about that after their stupid buff

1 Like

So make all civs broken for balance :smiley: nice idea :smiley:

3 Likes

No, this is why i wrote a post before that the Goths need a nerf after their stupid buff so i suggested to remove their stupid buff at least in the dark age.
If the Goths have 20% discount on militia in the dark age (which is actually like free supply in dark age) then it will not be a problem for the Japs (infantry civ) to have a small buff for their infantry and it will not be broken like the stupid Goths who can make 10 militia in the dark age

goths aren’t that strong, people just don’t know how to play against them.

1 Like

Yeah but 20% discount starting in dark age is no joke, at least make the bonus start in the feudal

There is a slight difference between cost reduction and harsh increase of dps. If both civs start producing their militias at the same time japanese militias would eat goths one by one and in the end they are at 5/1 kd. There your cheaper militias go.

1 Like

or you can just learn to play against it. if the strat was really that strong, it would be wrecking pro tournaments

1 Like

No it is not like as you think, cheaper militia will remain the best of course, because the eco for the goths will be better with their stupid discount.

Well the Goths were picked/baned many times in the tournament

1 Like

What eco is better if your vills die to militias remaining ? You guys overestimate cost reductions too much.

1 Like

they were banned by people who turned around and chose Mayans most of the time… and were played 9 times, going 4 and 5.
hardly nerf worthy numbers.

1 Like

The Japs player can’t keep producing for militia as the Goth player, i watched a game between Jordan and Hoang (Celts), Jordan completely destroyed Hoang only with Drush!!!
I think the Goth is really need a nerf in general they are so stupid after their stupuid buff.

With Goths you can make 10 militia in dark age and reach the castle age in 20min or maybe less than that.

1 Like

you’re comparing two separate players at two separate skill levels.

1 Like

You are the only one who complains about Goth. For me it’s fine if Goth try to attack me with militia, I can to feudal faster and then counter.

3 Likes

Yeah but in general i found the last buff for them is so stupid and sick, i think it was the biggest buff in aoe history :rofl:

Goths are not OP, 5 archs or less and man at arms are trash, their drush is expected, so few palisades and nothing happens, several civs can counter goths with minimal issues.

But yeah i have been getting japanese a lot in rdm queue, vs briton, mayans ethiopians and vietnamese civs, they are meh, generic arbalest vs the strongest arbs civs in game is always an awful match, maybe siege ram could fill that empty vs superior ranged civs.